CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX 1300 Deluxe
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

When I got my CTX 1300 Deluxe a few weeks back the people I got it from had a few extras. I was given the original short windscreen, a very nice Joe Rocket jacket (in my size), a Kaoko throttle lock and what they said was a headlight cover. I have no idea what this does or how it mounts.

So help, do I need or want this and if so how do I install it?

Thanks,
James

·
Super Moderator
5,622 Posts
If that is the right one for the CTX1300 (and it looks like it is) it should just cover the headlight lens. Normally new they come with Velcro spots to place in each corner and 2 in the center... or something like that. These are how it mounts to the headlight lens. The intent is that if a rock jumps up from the road, thanks to some other vehicle you may be following or who may pass, the cover takes the hit and not the headlight glass. Think of it as a screen saver for your headlight.

·
Registered
646 Posts
@JamesLaz you will want to use something like this:

to mount that headlight protector.

an idea on how to mount see the picture in this ad:
or

caution as other users have reported the velcro dots dont fair so well:

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX 1300 Deluxe
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered some indoor/outdoor Velcro to see if I can mount it. I'll give it a try and post my results.

Thanks,
James

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Lucky you. Protect your $1k headlight. I understand that the manufacturer no longer makes the shield.

I mounted one on my CTX maybe four or five years ago. Have had no problem with it. Shield looks good, with only minor pitting. Headlights looks even better.

I occasionally take it off to clean the headlight, as some water and dirt blows behind the shield.

Looks like they threw in a nice set of sockets. Don't worry. It's a Honda, so you won't need 'em. :p

·
Registered
646 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Reactions: JamesLaz

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
I have had Cee Bailey headlight protectors on my 93 Wing and now my CTX1300. On a trip to New Orleans the Wing was hit by a larger rock , I saw it coming from a tractor/trailer in front of me. It broke the cover 2/3 the way top to bottom but saved the headlight. I was able to get another. Cee Bailey got out of the motorcycle market for those and windscreens several years ago.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here is a link to Dubbs Rider who had a CTX1300 and made several informative YouTube clips
This one talks about the headlight protector. And yes Cee Bailey is no longer making any Motorcycle accessories. To bad as they made some good stuff. One other item you should consider is a set of Saddle Bag Guards. They are made by a CTX member Charlie Rogina. They are very well built and work great. Send him a private message for more information. Here is a YouTube link to the guards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts