CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I rode home in the dark for the first time. I am mightily impressed with both the low and high beams on the CTX. Not only do you get a well lighted path near and far ahead, but you also get a broad lighted area that encompasses road and roadside. No need for mods here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
U r so right. I was impressed also. I just got mine back from the shop. I getting ready to ride around to night.
B safe

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have about 250 miles of night driving already.. I must say I was extremely impressed with the STOCK lights on the CTX.. heads and tails better than stock stuff on my 2012 wing.. I had upgraded that to low beam H I D lights and was not impressed as much by them as I am by the stock ones here

·
Registered
12 Posts
My husband rides a wing and when he saw what my headlights looked like he ordered the LED T10 lights for the rear signal lights on his wing. I'm impressed with these lights.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Might not need LED foglights

I haven't picked my CTX up yet and I was already planning to put LED fog lights on it as I have done with my other bikes. It's mainly to see kangaroos sitting on the side of the road. But it sounds like I might not have to, Ill let you know when I get a chance to try them.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
It's mainly to see kangaroos sitting on the side of the road.
Well, that's one problem you hardly EVER hear about in the States! :D

Reactions: shane

·
Registered
37 Posts
I rode in early this morning just to see what the lights were like in complete darkness...and was likewise impressed.

LED lighting has come a long way in the last few years. On previous bikes I've used auxiliary lighting from PIAA and Hella that was H3 or H7 halogen.

My first FJR I mounted PIAA 1100x's on, and on my latest FJR I have a set of Cree LR4's with 4 Cree XM-L emitters on each side.
Very bright, and a 28w total draw.

The CTX lighting throws some serious light down the road, was very glad to see that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't picked my CTX up yet and I was already planning to put LED fog lights on it as I have done with my other bikes. It's mainly to see kangaroos sitting on the side of the road. But it sounds like I might not have to, Ill let you know when I get a chance to try them.
I agree Ron. I have them on my current bike too. They work really well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's good to hear. Coming from a Nh750, having More light is something I've always wanted.

Anyone had the experience of the "fog light" kit honda sells? I do have to admit that they are quite the pricey piece of equipment.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The lights on this bike are hands down the best of any bike I've owned...:smiley-happy0034:

I don't think I'll be looking to add any auxiliary lights.....just got it today and I'm impressed.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I did several hours of night driving on a couple different occasions. Nothing really ever alleviates the fear of deer on the back roads near my home (I see dead deer all the time, and have hit one and totalled my car once), but the lights on the CTX1300 are vastly superior to the lights on either of my previous bikes. The high beams are clear and white, and even the low beams do a pretty good job. I might consider extra lighting in the future, but for now, I'm very happy with the stock setup. BTW, has anyone heard whether the vehicle-mounted anti-deer missiles will be available for the USA markets anytime soon...? :p

Reactions: Hoosierman and bob

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm sorry to disagree with you all but for me, the low beam is nice but too flat and I ordered CREE lights in order to see what's happening in the curves. Had a K1200 GT with standard xenon light and afterwards a KTM SMT with additional led lights (Power Parts). The late R1200 GS LC was fine too (led lights as standard) but too narrow for the curves.

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
This is the only anti-deer... AND anti-BDC (brain dead cager) that I know of that actually existed:

I've often wished I was riding one of these while commuting to work on my bike over the years.
Who needs headlights with one of these :eek:

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I'm sorry to disagree with you all but for me, the low beam is nice but too flat and I ordered CREE lights in order to see what's happening in the curves. Had a K1200 GT with standard xenon light and afterwards a KTM SMT with additional led lights (Power Parts). The late R1200 GS LC was fine too (led lights as standard) but too narrow for the curves.
This might help, Ledany, or anyone else who might not be happy with where the lights are shining on their ride:

I know that there are many factors that can affect where the light shines, including rider/passenger weight and rear preload. Hope this helps; it's from page 3-18 of the CTX1300 Service Manual. :smiley-happy0034:

Edit: I see that the picture is pretty small and not very clear... Protip: you can use CTRL+ (hit both the CTRL button and the '+' button at the same time) to zoom in on a page, and CTRL- to zoom out.

Reactions: sleepngbear
1 - 20 of 31 Posts