CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have heated grips, but have not rode the bike so I am curious what problem you experienced? Since the bike is new, and the grips were installed by the dealer, I would like to know of any issues.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have not had problems with them coming apart but I have a problem with the grip loosing up from the heat and twisting on the handlebar. I plan on taking it to the dealer for a remedy. please keep me posted on the problems you are experiencing.

thanks,

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heated grip controller.

The kit fitted to the deluxe version has the controller already fitted to the left hand grip. The housing is a split housing held together with a couple of small catches, one on each side and is tensioned by a small screw on one of the sides. I noticed on delivery that one of the catches had popped allowing the controller to detach from the grip. It has been reattached and tightened several times. I think that the problem was that the grip was not inserted far enough to butt the controller up against the switch housing. The catches are really flimsy and the whole unit now requires replacement at the first service. A bit of sticky tape is holding it together for the time being. When properly installed the controller butts hard up against the switch housing preventing any lateral movement of the controller which causes the catches to pop undone. Pretty poor design. Not expected of Honda. Goes with the battery cover clip problem noted elsewhere in the forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
heated grip switch

I have lost the small black rectangular cover from the top of the switch.my Honda dealer says they are not available and I have to replace the whole unit at a cost of $250.00.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Im in Western Australia

·
Registered
815 Posts
I guess I’m one of the lucky ones so far. My heated grips have worked flawlessly and no problems. I don’t normally ride in cold weather but use them on cool mornings and in the rain to keep hands warm. I really like the way they are integrated into the display.

·
Registered
695 Posts
@paul iredale great first post! Welcome.

It makes sense that the single piece of the grip is not available as a separate part.. one suggestion is a junk yard and finding a unicorn of a wrecked CTX1300 with heated grips in good condition.

looking around online it seems $250 US dollars is the going rate for the complete set: 08T70-MJN-A00

another idea.. is to have someone 3D print you a part.. but again the CTX 1300 is so limited run.. doubtful the part is readily available for instructions to print. But you can check:

https://www.thingiverse.com/
https://www.traceparts.com/en
https://www.3dcontentcentral.com/

another idea.. is to find an owner with the part you need; have that owner allow you to make a mold and then form your own.

In the end.. I guess it comes down to how much your time is worth to find a "cheaper" solution than a new Honda part.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have lost the small black rectangular cover from the top of the switch.my Honda dealer says they are not available and I have to replace the whole unit at a cost of $250.00.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Im in Western Australia
So I read this right after reading @djrose007 's post on the Aussie humor, I all I have to say is "bummer, mate":rotfl9: I couldn't resist, sorry. I hope you get your switch fixed...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem with my Deluxe - by chance I noticed the plastic casing coming off while riding. I pulled over and reattached it immediately. When I got home I took a closer look and the plastic pieces were not locking in place (there is also a screw under the handlebar that tightens the plastic pieces together.
I contacted dealerships in Canada and the US to get a replacement plastic cover unit but NO, you must buy the whole heater unit!
I ended up using a super strong glue to fasten the pieces together - NOTE you have to ensure the electronic controller inside the heater unit is locked up into the top plastic part so when you press the selector on top the heater unit will not work.
Since I did the repair it is working fine.
FYI

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
My first thought was the same as CaliChaos's, a scrapyard would be the best bet but, as we all know, CTX1300 riders value their bikes greatly so unlikely they get involved in a write off smash.
I wish you luck though, hope something turns up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts