CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if anyone on here has used one of these throttle locks but I've had this thing laying around for over a year and decided to use it in the interim until I decide on a better option.

Does anyone know if this put undue stress to the heater grip? I haven't changed the grips yet and have them on order but just wondering.

Thanks for the help again.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Sorry -- I think there's only one member here who's installed heated grips so far. And that's the first I've seen of a throttle clamp like that, so it's not something that's very common. Tack on the very few CTX1300 owners out there, and you've got a pretty small sampling to work from. Hopefully somebody will drop in who's seen that throttle lock and can offer an opinion. ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ed. Yes, this was an inexpensive TL for like $3x.xx and it works quite well for any motorcycle application.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Ron14CTX

I use the omni cruise with the heated hand grips but I also have grip puppies over the grips so there is an extra few mm of padding. Heated hand grips work fine and so does the omni vista.

cheers

steve

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, thanks Steve!

Yes, I have a pair of grip puppies that I'll be cutting to fit the heated grips. Great to hear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts