CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are heated grips available as an accessory yet? I didn't see them on the accessory list. I am going to add those and the tall windscreen and I should be good for winter.

Thanks,
David

·
Super Moderator
2,176 Posts
I haven't seen anything official about any accessories yet. But they were listed, so they should be coming soon.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Poke your dealer about 08T70-MJN-A001 and see what they've got to say. If "nothing", move on to the next dealer. Repeat until you find one that's actually willing to work for the money ;-)

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I will in a month or so. They'll be my next accessory. Of what I get from the instructions they're not too hard to install. They're kinda pricy but from what I get from people that own them are very high quality.

Reactions: Lighter

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed Oxford Heaterz on mine. They are by far the best I've ever used. I had the Honda factory ones on a 2012 Goldwing. The Heaterz are very easy to install and perform way better...and they're only about $90 on ebay.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I thought about getting aftermarket ones, but I saw how these are integrated to the display, I had a $45 set on my Vulcan that worked great until the wire broke on the throttle side from too much flexing, I cut away enough to solder it back together. Well I ordered the OEM ones off of ebay today, called my dealer for a best price and they were about $40 more than ebay. Rox where did you see the instructions at?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I thought about getting aftermarket ones, but I saw how these are integrated to the display, I had a $45 set on my Vulcan that worked great until the wire broke on the throttle side from too much flexing, I cut away enough to solder it back together. Well I ordered the OEM ones off of ebay today, called my dealer for a best price and they were about $40 more than ebay. Rox where did you see the instructions at?

Instructions - http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08T70-MJN-A00.pdf

·
Registered
212 Posts
cool, I like instructions, being a mechanic, so is their a list of these instructions or do you have to go through them all till you find the right ones at powersports.honda.com/documentum that you want? never mind I think I got it, type in CTX1300 after documentum, Thanks.

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well installed my heated grips last night, not too bad, after I figured out how to get the mid covers off, when removing them there is a finger slot at the rear, pull out till the three push locks disengage then slide panel to front of bike to unhook it from headlight hooks. the other biggie is the throttle cables on the throttle tube, it tells you to follow the service manual on how to remove them, I didn't have a service manual and haven't found any videos on it yet, so if you are not comfortable with either twisting and fiddling with adjustment for cables you may not want to do this, it looks like getting to cables at throttle bodies requires removing air box. I did get it done with out removing air box but it wasn't pretty, also when reinstalling throttle housing be sure to line up the hole in bar with pin in housing. Grips are integrated into the display now, when they are turned on they pop up in the display and it shows the heat level they are set on, think I am going to like them!

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I love mine. I had the dealer install them while my bike was in storage last winter. They are one of my best investments so far. I used them a lot earlier in the year and I was really glad to have them!

Reactions: Lighter

·
Registered
205 Posts
I bought a set made by Bike Master off Ebay for my Ctx. $44.00 free shipping in US. Easy install instruction w 5 heat settings. Work great. I wired them into factory wiring for accessory power outlet harness under seat. R/S cover just slipped over throttle tube. No disconnecting cables.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ok I started the install. my grips arrive tomorrow so I got everything tore apart today. Now that I know how to get mid cowls off that will help in the future. Had I known you have to push covers to the front to unhook from LED's that would have helped, guess I missed that post, saw it now. Got the right side grip off easy enough, put a screwdriver in so I could spray in some lube and it came right off.

Can't believe how hard it will be to change air filter. Guess when I have valves checked will have air filter changed.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ok, did not get any glue in my kit that was supposed to include everything needed. The left grip slides right on , not like reg grips. I tried hair spray, no holding at all. Took it back off and will buy some glue tomorrow. Tested grips, they work great. The displays are great, worth the OEM price. I love how changes and turning on get you a huge display of status on screen. And the flashing led on the grip to let you know it's on and flashes to let you know it's warming up.

Very pleased.

·
Super Moderator
5,724 Posts
Ok, did not get any glue in my kit that was supposed to include everything needed. The left grip slides right on , not like reg grips. I tried hair spray, no holding at all. Took it back off and will buy some glue tomorrow. Tested grips, they work great. The displays are great, worth the OEM price. I love how changes and turning on get you a huge display of status on screen. And the flashing led on the grip to let you know it's on and flashes to let you know it's warming up.

Very pleased.
In another post and thread somewhere here I remember reading someone wrapped a layer of electrical tape to help one of the grips to grip better. If there is any gap between grip and bar I have the feeling hairspray won't do anything, but if there is a snug fit then it will. Then again, I haven't done this so don't know for sure. Just going by what I've read in the forum.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Gonna buy the best glue I can from cycle gear tomorrow. There are strips of glue in the grip that I will soak in alcohol to get those to stick and glob on grip glue. 'I'll find a glue to work. But overall still happy with product.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts