CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Atlanta, GA.

The fun times are still there with my naked CB750 Night Hawk, but I gotta have a cruiser....Have done my homework and it's definitely the CTX 1300 for me....Planning on a black version....

Any words of wisdom for the test drive and quality checks needed when shopping for a used CTX 1300 ?

Thanks,

Dr. Clikk
Atlanta

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Any words of wisdom for the test drive and quality checks needed when shopping for a used CTX 1300 ?
Just get ready to explain the grin that won't go away. :D

Welcome to the forum! Good time to be buying -- prices are down and there are some great deals to be had. Not too many used ones available yet, and if there are, they were probably bought when prices were higher. Otherwise, if you do happen to find one used, check the underside of the exhausts for dents. Common problem with these were the shipping containers -- if they weren't unloaded just right, it was very easy to ding up the pipes, mufflers, and in some cases the tupperware around the mirrors.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
And welcome to the forum @Dr. Clikk.
Just be aware that the rpm can be much lower than even your CB750 for the same speed. You can power away in a higher gear. Many here run up from as low as 30 mph in 5th(!) gear all the way to max speed! When travelling on state highways and going through a small town where the speed only drops to 35 with no stops I'll often just leave it in 5th gear and take off when the limit goes back up. Lots of torque down low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts