CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm a recent owner of a New 2014 CTX 1300 Deluxe. This is my first motorcycle purchase, and it was quite exciting purchasing the bike and driving 50 miles at 9 at night for my very first ride. My first ride was quite nerve recking, however the bike was extremely comfortable and I love how bright the headlights are. I still need to get used to shifting and holding the throttle for an hour or so, but I'm glad I have such a comfortable bike to learn how to ride. Anyhow I look forward to making some new friends, and learning how to ride.:smileygarden_de_ban

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Browse around -- there are a few different ideas on how to ease the throttle grip for longer rides. Of course, there's no substitute for time in the saddle and 'conditioning' muscles you probably haven't used before. Good luck, and congrats on the new purchase.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Howdy @SoCal BME,
I think I understand what you're talking about. I picked up my Forza scooter at dusk and rode home about 23 miles in the dark. Not feeling confident on where all the extra buttons were.
Thankfully the main controls are the same.
Were the dash lights ok or did you think to check them before leaving the stealership?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Congrats on the bike! Where in SoCal you located?

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome!
My ride home from the dealership wasn't in the dark, but I did ride through the worst thunderstorm that I have ever driven in, two wheels or four. Branches where falling out of trees, it was raining sideways so hard that my head was drenched in my full-face helmet. The wind must have been blowing at 50 miles per hour, and of course... back roads with NO shelter or even shoulder. Luckily for me, I was only a few miles from home when it hit, but it was by far the butt-puckering-est few miles of my life. The final S-corner just outside of my little town convinced me of how great this bike is: I know I would have been wheels-up in the ditch on my previous motorcycle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts