CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am a 64 years old. I am retired from the US Air Force and a civilian job. I do not have a CTX1300 as of now. I have shopped around and gotten what I think are fairly good price quotes on a Deluxe model. I have had a Yamaha 60, a Suzuki GT 380, a BMW R1200RT, a Honda Goldwing, and a Honda ST1300. The main reason I haven't bought the CTX1300 yet is I have MDS (myelodysplastic syndromes). MDS is a form of cancer that affects the production of blood cells (red, white and platelets). My particular form of MDS has a median survival time of 3 to 5 years. The only symptom I have now that affects me is I am more tired than normal. My idea is I would like to do some riding in the time I have left. My wife is afraid I will have an accident and be killed. My reaction to that is "so". Something is going to get me one way or another. I am a very conservative rider and have never had any traffic citations while riding or any accidents. So that is my story. I will update if there are any changes.

DataDavid

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome to the forum @DataDavvid!
Sorry to hear of the diagnosis, but I would likely as not be thinking the same as you. I see you've been a member here for some time now. Have you been able to read much of what is posted here? If so you will likely have read that the CTX1300 is a rather relaxing ride. For me that's one of the major benefits that I like about riding it. I know the ST1100 required a certain amount of concentration and attention to ride and have heard the ST1300 was similar if not more so. I am also a conservative rider. Too conservative for the ST, really.
Anyway, welcome, and good luck with any purchase and hope to hear more from you about your adventures here in the years to come. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum, David. Sending up a few prayers for you to have plenty more years left to ride.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am 60 years old and have Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I have been taking chemotherapy for almost 2 years. A few times I have ridden my CTX1300 Deluxe to chemo and home. My advice is to ride ride ride

John

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi Dave, Welcome First let me say thank you for your USAF service. Dave, i'm 78 years old,and have been riding for 60 years. last bikes were Gold Wing and Yamaha Super Tennere. The Mayo took my cancerus prostate 5years ago. Did not get all the cancer. Gave me 2/3 years. Going on 5 years and really enjoying my deluxe CTX1300. Buy it and ride it my man, it will keep you going!!!!! llness is not just physical , its also mental attitude. Good luck. Otto Palm Coast Fl.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome David. I served in the Air Force during Vietnam as a Loadmaster on C-130's and C-141's. I also live in Jax. Get in touch and you can come ride my CTX to see if you like it. Just be prepared to go buy one, because I am pretty sure you will be hooked.

Reactions: Gizmo
1 - 8 of 8 Posts