CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the new Honda CTX 1300. I think this bike could be a lot of fun. I am looking for a touring bike that I can get on, fill the saddle bags and ride to where I want to go for two or three days. Would this be the bike for me? I presently do not own a Touring bike. I have two Harley Davidson bikes and I need to sell one to be able to make a purchase. I am glad I found this site to share info and read about other peoples experience on this Honda.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

For 2- or 3-day trips, this bike is ideal. Of course the best way to know for sure is to get a test ride on one. First thing you'll find is that the V-4 is a totally different animal from a V-twin. Beyond that, take a tour through the forums and see everyone's opinions, and if you have any questions, just fire away. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Test Ride

Does anybody living in North Carolina know of any Honda Dealers that will let you take a test ride on a Honda CTX 1300?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Florence Honda in Florence South Carolina will let you take a test ride and will also sell you one at a rock bottom price. Can't tell if this is or is not close to your position in NC.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,053 Posts
The dealer in Garner is listed on Honda Powersports as a demo dealer however, they have refused to let some folks test ride the CTX. I went to Norfolk VA to demo the CTX1300. I LOVED IT! I enjoyed it so much I came home (I live between Greensboro and Burlington) and bought one!!!

I say give the guys in Garner a call and see if they will let you demo the bike. If not, take one of your other bike on a trip to Norfolk! I rode my chopper there.... four hours up and then four hours back (I stayed overnight).

Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Demo Ride

Hey HansenCTX, Thanks for the info. Who did you purchase your CTX from and did they give you a good deal? I have heard that the dealer in Florence SC will let you do a Demo ride. Thanks for the info again.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,053 Posts
I got mine from Honda of Winston Salem. Great deal! Sports Cycle in Rockingham NC has them for a good deal too. I picked Winston Salem because of their proximity to home. The guys in Rockingham are great! They gave me (both stores) the OTD price of $16,200. I also got an extended warranty and $1000 of free accessories.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts