CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.....pick up my new Grey / Blue CTX1300 on Wednesday this coming week....done with Harley, traded my Ultra Classic and am really looking forward to this bike! I started on Hondas in the '80's and have had a few V-Twins but was never overly happy with them. I think I'm going to like having more than 2 cylinders again.......and less service to do!

:smiley-party0005:

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome, Croxy! I saw a group of three Goldwings from Ontario yesterday while I was exploring the roads around Lancaster, PA. I know the 'Wings are meant to travel, but I also know for a fact that the CTX1300 is GREAT for long distances. Enjoy your ride, and give us some pics when you get it! :)

Reactions: Croxy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome, I too just joined and picked my 1300 deluxe up 2 weeks ago.
Had my 600 mile oil change done yesterday, all set for another week of commuting.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome, I too just joined and picked my 1300 deluxe up 2 weeks ago.
Had my 600 mile oil change done yesterday, all set for another week of commuting.
Howbout some pictures? I have a red deluxe, and always enjoy seeing photos of our ride.

EYE CANDY FTW!! :smiley-party0005:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try to get some pics up once I get her home......I haven't been this excited about a new bike for a long time....something different.

:ty:

Reactions: bob and sleepngbear

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I'll try to get some pics up once I get her home......I haven't been this excited about a new bike for a long time....something different.

:ty:
I'm a little ashamed to say that, sometimes after a long ride, I pull up a 5-gallon bucket, flip it over, and just sit there and admire my bike for awhile.
I don't think the excitement is going to disappear any time soon. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here goes......trying to upload some photos.......:350x700px-LL-66dd6d

Was pleased to be able to get pics of mine still in the crate..... :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Here goes......trying to upload some photos.......:350x700px-LL-66dd6d

Was pleased to be able to get pics of mine still in the crate..... :)
Awesome pics! I've never seen one in the crate, it's like something out of Jurassic Park. :smiley-happy0034:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I like the photos with the crate.

I've only seen one in a crate and it was badly damaged. When you look at the way the crate is supported by the bike you can see why they raise the handlebars. The bike is actually holding up the top of the crate.

When I bought my first one in Tennessee the mechanic had read the instructions and adjusted the handlebars correctly. When I bought my second one in Kentucky the bars were still all the way up. I had to tell them how to adjust it.

Congratulations to all y'all on the new bikes!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Should be picking it up tomorrow afternoon..... :)

Reactions: bob and sleepngbear

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the photos with the crate.

I've only seen one in a crate and it was badly damaged. When you look at the way the crate is supported by the bike you can see why they raise the handlebars. The bike is actually holding up the top of the crate.

When I bought my first one in Tennessee the mechanic had read the instructions and adjusted the handlebars correctly. When I bought my second one in Kentucky the bars were still all the way up. I had to tell them how to adjust it.

Congratulations to all y'all on the new bikes!
I think that the bars on mine are a bit on the high side.....how did you have yours set up.....???

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think that the bars on mine are a bit on the high side.....how did you have yours set up.....???
http://www.ctx1300forum.com/forum/h...2-mirrors-obstruction-handlebar-position.html

Here is an earlier thread about the handle bar height.

Most dealers have some kid set up the bikes. They are young and therefore they already know everything and don't read the instructions. The bike I got in Tennessee was set up by a proper adult mechanic. He read the directions and set the bike up properly. The bike I got in Kentucky was like most of the CTX1300s. The bars were still all the way up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts