CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm Kevin aka: MCCaliKev. I've been riding for 46 years, since age 15 and I'm on my 16th bike now, It's a 2006 Gold Wing ABS with the Traxxion Dynamics suspension upgrade. It's amazing with speed, comfort, engine smoothness, cornering and more. I rode to Seattle and back a few months ago. 2800 miles in eight days. All day every day in the saddle and I could have just kept going if I wasn't expected back at work! But, the 'Wing is too tall and top heavy (892 lbs.) for me to be smooth in low speed situations. It's only a matter of time before I drop it and hurt myself.

I'm considering a CTX1300 Deluxe. It's about 150 lbs lighter and has other attributes you owners obviously know about. I'll learn more about it hanging around here and try to contribute too. Cheers.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Welcome to the V-4 gang! All motorcycles have their good and not so good points. The CTX is not immune to this as well. The CTX fits my needs for a long range touring cruiser . I too had a wing and loved its ride, but it was just to big and heavy for me as well. The CTX handles well in the twisties for me as well. It’s no ST1300 for sure. I have the deluxe model and highly recommend it over the standard. What you get for the difference in price to me is well worth it. ABS brakes is most important. The audio system is nice and the self canceling turn signals saves from the embarrassment of riding down the highway with your turn signal on and could be a safety issue. Mine has the heated grips and they are nice on cool rides and in the rain to keep my hands warm. Also make sure it has the centerstand installed as well. This allows for easy maintenance. The stock seat is one of the best stock seats I’ve ever experienced. I’m sure there are those who don’t like the CTX and for others it’s great as is for me. I was drawn to it first by its unique styling and the V4. I also as my photo shows own a third gen Magna which is also a V4 powered motorcycle. Just ride one and see if it’s right for you.

Reactions: SCS

·
Registered
576 Posts
Welcome, Kevin!

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. This bike is a jack of all trades, master of none. Sport, touring, cruiser – there are plenty of bikes out there that do one of these much better than the CTX. But with this bike I can do (and have done) all three reasonably well, and just have one bike in the garage!

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Welcome MCCaliKev. Wings are amazing machines which is why I don't want to ride a new one. I'm afraid I might like it more than my meager savings. So I'm content with the CTX it fills the bill for me and the savings allows more road trips. Hope ya enjoy yours. Stay safe.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
The Mini Goldwing V4 family is here. I'm in the Northbay Area. I'm a recent owner of a Standard Black model that I installed the OEM radio on. Yes, go with Deluxe for more features. As Bob said, Check through pass post for just about anything you can think of about this bike, it may be posted.

Stay Safe

Steve

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hello from Stockton, CA. I see from another thread you rode a V Star 1300. Besides my CTX1300 Deluxe, I still own an 07 VStar 1300 (original owner). Most of the time I'm on the CTX1300. Excellent for long distance rides. The VStar last ridden at the 2019 San Francisco Veterans Day Patade.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome Kev,
a lot of people refer to the CTX as a mini Wing , but the other day i heard a perfect description which sums it all up : the" Gold Wing Sport"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts