CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from North Dakota...I had a chance to test ride a deluxe Ctx 1300 today; considering trading my vtx 1300r. Right now I was offered $4000 off list price of $17,500 with rebates( is this a good deal)? Also, would like some opinions on the bike since, I had only a short ride.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome @Guido46. There have been some lower prices posted for the deluxe recently but prices do vary by area and may be on the way back up again. Don't know.

I just returned yesterday from 4 days in Spearfish, SD so was up a little closer to where you are. :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@Guido46,
This forum is full of opinions. You know the saying about them.
For some the throttle is life threatening. To some it is just responsive.
To some the seat is too wide. To some it is just right.
To some the windshields suck and need after martket, and to some it is just right.

Me: Throttle is sensitive and responsive. I like it. Stock shield sux, tall Honda is perfect.
For an OEM seat, it is great. Compared to a custom, soso.
MPG is great for a bike this size. After break in, I'm averaging 48.5mpg.
Left pocket over the battery is still a cosmetic issue.
I dislike the short fenders as I ride all conditions and get a lot of mud/grime up the back and on the radiator.
Solved my problems with homemade mud flaps.
I ride freeway, surface roads, and forest roads. Handles terrible on gravel. Handle great everywhere else.
I don't like the grips. But, I've NEVER like the grips that are stock on any bike....hmmmmm
I don't like the weights on the handle bar ends. Again, same for other bikes. Removed and covered with new grips. Problem solved.
The only continuing and unresolved problem for me: Why did they put the audio/Odo controls on the fake tank instead of the bars???????
Price? Sounds good. Are you willing to go to another state, pay taxes in yours, and deal with the additional hassle to save a little more? Some do. I didn't.

Oh, and welcome aboard.
On another comparative note. I had the 2005 VTX1300R and changed a lot on it too. IF you are a member of that forum, I had the same user name. Saw even more mods to that bike.

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hello Guido,

Welcome
I don't know anything for the price. over here we have euro's :-( in that currency it's priced new around 17000
I have made a few changes: puppies on the small handle bars and a tall windschield.
ordered myself a Corbin saddle. Don't know how it feels because it will come in a few weeks. I'm a fan of Corbin, but the oem saddle isn't bad.
as Willajabir says everybody is different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts