CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Picked up our CTX yesterday and after a short work commute and ride to dinner last night my first reaction is "brilliant". As you can see we also have a CB1100 which has it's own outstanding characteristics but 2 up riding in comfort isn't one of them. Traded in our VStar 950T which sadly just didn't have the grunt for us for this slightly used deluxe model with 865 miles on the odometer. I've been on the forum for a short time but long enough to hear it's short comings, none of which kept us from pulling the trigger. Have a few questions but will go thru the owners manual first. Have no issues if this turns out to be a 1 year model in the states as we may have only had 2 years for the CB1100.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We are glad you made it and we also think it's the right decision. If we were to live our lives on based on short coming, nobody would be get anything done.
Don't be hesitant to ask questions, that's what forums are for. (unless you just want to show off you toys)

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome @hb9400. If you do just want to show off your toys, that's OK. But do ask questions and read the many helpful posts in the various forums here. Lots of info available here. :)

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Sweet looking rides there! :smiley-happy0034: I'm really fond of the one on the left. :D Oh yeah... Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new addition to the family! :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@hb9400,
Congrats. See ya got the tall windscreen already. Good choice with the deluxe. Up to speed and you can't hear the music with the shorty.
Nice looking CB. And thanks for the picture. Appears you like RED....or coincidence?
The 950T is a great bike with great mpg, but for me it wasn't the umph...it was to low. Always dragging the boards and couldn't really enjoy the twisties because she was way to low.
But on the highway, I enjoyed it.
I had to buy a full face helmet to keep the bugs out because I couldn't stop smiling with the CTX. I had a Silverwing scooter I felt about the same.
Brilliant? Well, now, all I can say is I AGREE!!!:smiley-happy0034:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@willajabir,
Red was a big factor in both bikes and I agree with your view of the 950T, it will be remembered fondly.
Have a Givi trunk, gps and gopro camera mount to install and found some good ideas from some of the posts.

·
Registered
279 Posts
welcome
love the cb1100s
test rode one a couple weeks ago just haven't been able to pull the trigger
kind of got my eye on the 2014 vstrom 1000 as a second bike
great pic of 2 great bikes

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,053 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I am jealous, you have two bikes and the other is a Honda!! My wife and I had the same issues, previous bike did not meet our 2-up needs, so we got the CTX. We love the bike. Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts