CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been lurking for a while, and decided it is past time to introduce myself. I bought the CTX in October and have been riding it as much as possible since. I am happy that spring is finally here, so I can ride it almost every day. I have been very happy with the bike. I recently installed the tall windscreen, and now I have to watch the speedometer or find myself going way too fast.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi,

I have been lurking for a while, and decided it is past time to introduce myself. I bought the CTX in October and have been riding it as much as possible since. I am happy that spring is finally here, so I can ride it almost every day. I have been very happy with the bike. I recently installed the tall windscreen, and now I have to watch the speedometer or find myself going way too fast.
Ive learned that , unlike he typical inline 4 or some two bangers, you can dump the clutch off the line quickly with this bike and it takes off like a bat outta ****. It gets me in trouble from time to time since im probably speeding within a few seconds.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome!
I'm sure everyone has similar opinions, but this bike doesn't know the difference between 60 and 80. :)
Glad to have you here!
:)

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome @Sidney Charles Smith!
Like everyone else has said so far. You can call this bike a sleeper. Those who only look at numbers don't know what they're really seeing in this bike. It'll get you out of the way anytime you want.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Welcome!
I'm sure everyone has similar opinions, but this bike doesn't know the difference between 60 and 80.
And that's fortunate for me:tongue:

But there always has to be that one guy who has to bring age into every discussion!:520:

Welcome to wherever we are:)

Reactions: shane and bob

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
welcome.
i have to post today i just rode 170 miles today . i have not done this in 23 months since i had a massive heart attack a ns blood clots afterwards . it felt real good and i took the wife . this was her first ride since. the ctx is one smooth quick machine. i love it. really liked my m109 but there is no comparisson to this ctx delux. i have owned alot of bikes in 50 years of riding but this honda is hard to beat. nice machine!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome!
I'm sure everyone has similar opinions, but this bike doesn't know the difference between 60 and 80. :)
Glad to have you here!
:)
That is what I meant. I remember when I first started riding the Yamaha XJ650 Maxim, 55 felt like 80. Even now, I feel like I am going so much faster on the Maxim. If I am not paying close attention, I will look at the CTX speedometer and find myself going twenty miles over the speed limit.

Not that the CTX can't get out of her own way, she certainly can. My kids would rather ride on the Yamaha. I think that might be because if I am not careful to start smoothly, they get the feeling they are coming off. The Yamaha has a back rest. I am thinking of adding a trunk to solve that problem.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I am thinking of adding a trunk to solve that problem.
My wife and I are big fans of the top box. She loves having a secure back rest, and it is so much more convenient than the saddle bags for holding all the stuff you like to have along even on a short ride. And on a break, you can store your helmets (as long as there is not too much other stuff :rolleyes:).
I will admit that even as good as the Honda top box looks, it is not as sexy as the bike without it... and there is a tiny bit difference in how air flows over the bike, but these are well worth putting up with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts