CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just removed my rear wheel to have a new tire put on.. all pretty straight forward. Got the new tire put on and put the wheel back on with no issues everything went good.. all looks ok. Now..I go for a ride and all of a sudden i get three yellow lights pop on and stay on (traction control, ABS and check engine) and the blinker timer for both sides is now not working. Will disconnecting the battery do a reset or is there something that went terribly wrong when I put it on. Performance wise i didn't feel any vibrations or slippage or anything like that. I am confused and concerned.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,394 Posts
Check ABS/TC sensor alignment and the ABS slotted disk alignment. Verify that the slotted disk is not bent and that the sensor is not too far from the slotted disk. Also verify the ABS wire routing and that nothing is crimped or cut or pinched.

Other than that I no longer have the service manual (went with the bike when I sold it) or I'd look up the troubleshooting for you. Have no clue why the turn signals wouldn't work or how that would be related. Fuses?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob. I will take when I get home tonight.. do you think that would trigger a check engine light as well?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Bob,
Thanks again, turns out I installed the axle washer on the on the wrong side of the caliper which widened the gap of the sensor. Fixed it and all the lights went off and the turn signal shut off is working again. Glad it was that simple.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Service manual.

·
Super Moderator
5,394 Posts
While the front to rear tire total diameters are different on this bike the ECM knows this and is programmed to adjust a little for variance from the OEM sizes. As I thought on this issue I remembered that the turn signal auto shutoff is based on the tire rotation differential (different than what is normal for straight line travel) when going around curves and turns. It is also limited to a certain number of seconds if no differential is noted. There is more of a difference when leaning over even a little. The ABS/TC rings and sensors are what provides that information.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Great info Bob, I’ll keep that in mind. I do most of my own work still and have “The Manual” to work off of. The manual for this bike is better than the one for my Magna. I always purchase a manual with my bike. My CTX came with one saving me the money to buy one. Used the money for saddlebag guards.

Reactions: bob
1 - 9 of 9 Posts