CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen some try to use the @ symbol or other ways to tag users in posts.
Tagging a user with the @ will get a notice for them without the need to do a quote.
Using the @ and then the user name exactly the way it shows by their avatar.
Any change, and it will not work. Best way (for me) is to copy and paste so you do not make a typo, but not required.
Leave a space at the end of their user name.(Edit: Some usernames work without the space and some do not while using the @ . I don't know the reason).
Example:
" @willajabir" , works and I get a notice.
willajabir, does not work and will appear as normal black text.

Next time I log on, I see the notice. The notice contains the link to the post and I can go direct to see what affects me directly.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've seen some try to use the @ symbol or other ways to tag users in posts.
Tagging a user with the @ will get a notice for them without the need to do a quote.
Using the @ and then the user name exactly the way it shows by their avatar.
Any change, and it will not work. Best way (for me) is to copy and paste so you do not make a typo, but not required.
Leave a space at the end of their user name.(Edit: Some usernames work without the space and some do not while using the @ . I don't know the reason).
Example:
" @willajabir" , works and I get a notice.
willajabir, does not work and will appear as normal black text.

Next time I log on, I see the notice. The notice contains the link to the post and I can go direct to see what affects me directly.

Thanks @willajabir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks @willajabir . I was asking how to do "mentions" in a couple posts (one way back and one fairly recent) but they went unanswered. Maybe the word "mention" should have been "tag". If this works, I will be a jazzed at finally learning something new and "social media - like"

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
just checking

I've been trying to figure this out recently cause when I use the @ symbol it shows up in my post as plain ol black text instead of red, underlined and appearing like a link. So, here's an experiment for me to see if it is now working the way I'm trying...
@bljdb

Ok, so I just posted and when posting it does change to an underlined red ink link -- say that one real fast 14 times.

Anyway - Thanks @willajabir

Reactions: ctx1300admin
1 - 5 of 5 Posts