CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope to learn from you all, I'm an old fart, 77 come Oct. been playing with motorcycles since before I had a drivers permit. Not a good driver but a careful driver, always on the tail end, now I ride alone and garden!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hey kid! @labrat,
So, when did you buy it, which color, standard or deluxe, and where are you?
Oh, WELCOME aboard. And the learning can be mutual. We all share ideas. Some (like mine) are trivial, while some (like bobs wiring diagrams) are very useful.
And they still welcome me here!!!!
I'm also hoping that your user name refers to your employment(past?) rather than your current status :wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Purchased my ctx1300 one year ago this Aug. in Victoria, Texas. Standard was all he had which was all I wanted, I added the tall windscreen and center stand. I was hoping for a ride soft as a virgin's bottom like a 61 Harley I had a while back. I got better handling and an acceptable ride. Only have 2000 miles on it so far. I don't foresee any long trips mostly errands and pilfering through local area. I call Corpus Christi home now, retired from the military and retired again as a commercial pilot. Labrat comes from having chronic lyme and the required high dose abx treatment to subdue it. (I hope)! I seem to have it under control.

Thanks for the welcome

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome, Labrat!
I'm glad you are enjoying your ride; it's a fantastic motorcycle.

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Welcome @labrat.
You are an inspiration for continuing to ride no matter how far.
I hope to be riding when 77. I just have a few more years to go for that.

Oh, and pay no attention to @willajabir's ramblings about my cartoon drawings. He is too kind. There are many helpful riders here.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I think @bob speaks for most of us when he says you( @labrat ) inspire us. I hope to make it to 77 AND still ride.
Sorry to hear about the health problems but glad you are able to deal with them and still ride.
Had it(the bike) a year...wow...you got lots of reading here that is a little over a years worth of bragging/complaining/accessories/gadgets/modifications...etc.
I don't do most of them, but I love reading about them and seeing pictures/videos of those that do.
My next trip west, I'm gonna look you up and see about sharing some M&M's. (Mators and Mayo)...well, you said you were a gardener.
Bet you got some of those big bright delicious red tomatoes that one slice covers the whole slice of bread......Gotta go....my mouth is watering....

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
You've got 10 years on me. Stay right there while I catch up.

·
Registered
309 Posts
@labrat, welcome. I am also a Texican, I live in the southeastern part close to the Louisian border and the Gulf Coast.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
labrat,
I'm a Texan also but I live 8 hour away just east of Dallas. You are really close to some great riding in the hill country. Your bike should be great to some long trips to the twisted sisters. (335,336,337) You found a great forum and everyone is really helpful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What a friendly bunch, glad to meet you all. I think it will be rare for me to venture more than a hundred miles from Corpus Christi. My butt's the one softer than a virgin's bottom from having a foot nailed down from work, chores and hobby all these years. My most powerful wife will no longer ride the bikes with me. We seem to loose a rider some where in south Texas about one every two weeks and she herself got "T" boned back in Jan. by a teenager who ran a stop sign while talking or texting and totaled her brand new car. Two surgeries, rehab and all sort of doctors, she had a shot in her knee today and she's walking pretty good today.
No tomatoes yet, still too hot to set fruit, I have the biggest plants and when the night time temp drop to about 75 we should have fruit set. I'm in aquaculture, raising fish and veggies together. Beautiful way to garden!
I guess no one has had a problem with their key heating up in the ignition? I'll catch you all later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts