CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove my new ctx 1300 home today. It's a real scalded dog. Traded up from a wing. Got the basic model so can't wait to start putting on the extra's.:smileygarden_de_ban

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Howdy @sdfamt and welcome here. I like that: "Traded up from a wing."
I kept trying to do that since 2 other bikes ago so third time is the charm as they say.
The bike is your canvas. What you do with it is your art. :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome sdfamt - I would be curious to hear your comparison of the CTX vs. the wing after you get some time in the saddle. While I don't have any experience whatsoever with the wing, I think your experience with the CTX will be an enjoyable one..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome sdfamt - I would be curious to hear your comparison of the CTX vs. the wing after you get some time in the saddle. While I don't have any experience whatsoever with the wing, I think your experience with the CTX will be an enjoyable one..
I can start already. The wing is the best touring bike made. End of comparison. With age the wing seems to get heavier. I'm not riding long distances anymore or taking summer trips on the bike like I did in years past. I use to ride year round, with only snow keeping the wing in the garage. Now most winters find me in a cage. (Getting old sucks) At first I thought the CTX was ugly. But was looking for the new bike to be lighter and as nimble as the wing. The CTX is that bike. 1261cc and over 100 lbs lighter. This is the bike I'll grow older with. haha. Plus I can hit the open road with this also.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome, I love my CTX and I am sure you will too!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got rid of my 03 Goldwing about 11 years ago when I was only 50 because I thought it was a bit too heavy for the day trips I was taking but I will agree that it was great on the one long cross country trip I took. I'm guessing your first "extra" will be the tall windscreen. I thought the stock one looked cool but realized I wasn't ready for that much wind blast although in another few weeks when it starts heating up here in Texas , I may change my mind. Have fun with the new bike.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Congrats on the new ride & welcome to the forum! What color did you go with? I love my CTX & I'm sure you will yours too! :) Where in Louisville are you? I live in southern Indiana.

Drove my new ctx 1300 home today. It's a real scalded dog. Traded up from a wing. Got the basic model so can't wait to start putting on the extra's.:smileygarden_de_ban

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got rid of my 03 Goldwing about 11 years ago when I was only 50 because I thought it was a bit too heavy for the day trips I was taking but I will agree that it was great on the one long cross country trip I took. I'm guessing your first "extra" will be the tall windscreen. I thought the stock one looked cool but realized I wasn't ready for that much wind blast although in another few weeks when it starts heating up here in Texas , I may change my mind. Have fun with the new bike.
Well that didn't take long. I've got my GRIN back. haha. This is some machine. Already started on the mods. Tall windshield and center stand on order. Will be adding the top box quick too. I'm a slouch rider so a better seat or driver backrest will be a must. Glad I traded up!! My color is the blue. Had my choice between blue or red ,and I fell in love with the blue. On the ride in to work a shadow rider caught up and he couldn't get enough. He rode with me on one side and then switch too the other side. After 5 mins of riding along I swear he was drooling out of his helmet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts