CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum and CTX1300 ownership, I own several road and trail bikes and was wanting a bike to eat up long distance trips so I found this beauty down in Victoria last week, 4700 k's (under 3k miles) one owner deluxe. I'm loving the bike so far but unfortunately on my shakedown ride the gear pedal loosened and i lost ability to change gears, lucky I was only a short distance from home, i'd say it got bounced loose on the trailer ride home. I was able to access the loose nut by removing washer bottle and a few plastics and she's back to silky smooth shifting. I've removed the rear rack and topbox (will fit for trips) changed out bar end weights added pussy grips plus a phone holder so far.

Anyways, thanks for the invite and looking forward to chatting to the group about other mods and rides etc,

Cheers,

Jason

Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,087 Posts
Welcome here @jasontorm10

Took me a second and then it hit me... Ah yes, Grip Puppies!

@Robertmerz19 , Putting slightly lighter bar end weights decreases the shock felt at the grips from the front shocks when going over severe bumps in the road. BUT, there is always a price to pay in the trade off. Doing that also increases the engine vibration felt at the grips. I guess you can say it makes it feel more like an older Harley?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I keep the top case on all the time. The quick release (honda oem) makes popping it off a few seconds if you wanted but naked rack is a little ugly.

I get the cleaner look but not doing track days with big ole girl and I like the convenience of throwing a helmet or some groceries in the box. Might have a different opinion if I had a stable of bikes to pick from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts