CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My name is Steve and I live in Sydney, Australia.

I took the ctx1300 for a test ride the other day and it looks like I'll have a new bike in the garage. Actually, my wife also took 1 for a test ride so there will be 2 new bikes in the garage. I'm currently on a 2012 Bandit 1250s and my wife rides a 2011 CB1100. The ctx1300 is a completely different ride, very comfortable and relaxed. The seat is also low enough, with a lower centre of gravity, for my vertically challenged other half to touch the ground with reasonable confidence.

cheers

steve

· Premium Member
111 Posts
Outstanding!

Best luck with the new rides.

Rav

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard,
I have found this forum full of great info. I got a good deal on mine from dealer in western Sydney.
Yep, there sure is a lot if info on this site, it's taken a while to go through it all.

We are going to Western Motorcyles, they have offered a very good deal but my other half reckons she can talk them down some more, she is a demon when it comes to negotiation.

Westerns visited our local Ulysses branch meeting last month with a demo model and I reckon they will make at least 4 or 5 sales from that, there was a lot of interest.

· Registered
32 Posts
Westerns visited our local Ulysses branch meeting last month with a demo model and I reckon they will make at least 4 or 5 sales from that, there was a lot of interest.
Well it was my CTX that was their demo, I put a deposit on it over six weeks ago. When you go there ask for Todd.

· Registered
33 Posts
Hi steve. I'm from just up the road in the Hunter Valley (near Cessnock) Ordered mine from Watsons motorcycles in Cessnock and got a great deal. Pick mine up tomorrow and hoping for a change in the weather for the weekend. I'm also trading my Bandit and looking forward to the new ride. I haven't spotted another CTX on the road up this way yet, but is sounds like a few will be starting to get around soon... Happy/safe riding and might spot u on the road up around this way

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi steve. I'm from just up the road in the Hunter Valley (near Cessnock) Ordered mine from Watsons motorcycles in Cessnock and got a great deal. Pick mine up tomorrow and hoping for a change in the weather for the weekend. I'm also trading my Bandit and looking forward to the new ride. I haven't spotted another CTX on the road up this way yet, but is sounds like a few will be starting to get around soon... Happy/safe riding and might spot u on the road up around this way
Hi Terry

Welcome aboard mate, I hope the weather clears up for you for tomorrow, it has been pretty miserable for the last week. Exciting times picking up a new bike.

Cheers

steve

· Registered
105 Posts
Welcome from Canada..... :)

· Registered
33 Posts
Picked my new bike up this morning, and the weather has been good. Did a couple of hundred kms. today, and all the normal things. adjusted the bars down a bit levers etc and Adjusted the rear shocks to setting 3 as suggested by another member on the forum (thanks huge difference) Great ride and look forward to a run up the Bylong Valley to Mudgee on the twistys asap. (great ride if you haven't done it) VERY Happy new owner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.