CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that don't know:
I ride about 10K-15K miles a year, starting in May and ending in October. COVID has put a damper on things but motorcycling is the ultimate in social distancing!

Every two weeks I have rides planned to various locations. Normally, these rides are invitational only and attendance is caped at 25 (in two groups). I hate having to turn people away but this happens on every ride. However, in keeping with safe COVID practices, this ride is limited in size to 10.

Masks and gloves are not mandatory or required to attend this ride. At this time, restaurants and the motel require masks to enter its premises. Once at a table or in a motel room, masks may be taken off. Please bring a mask (gloves if you wish) for areas and/or places that require them.

There are only a couple of spots available - a few CTX riders are coming. So if you are interested please PM me directly to ensure your spot.

Motel Info:
South Branch Inn
1500 US-220, Moorefield, WV 26836
(304) 538-2033

Free Wi-Fi, Free breakfast, plenty of parking (bikes and trailers), laundry service and of course Air-conditioned

Come on, you know you want to ride!

Reactions: LilRed

·
Registered
289 Posts
I looked long and hard at routes to join you; but one way is almost 1300 miles. Sounds like a good place to ride though. Maybe someday.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tempted to stay with my buddy in Bridgeport for this! WV is so beautiful. Bit far for me at this point in time. If you guys ever get out to Colorado we can do the million dollar highway and descend into the canyon lands, at which point we'll become one with the universe.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Tempted to stay with my buddy in Bridgeport for this! WV is so beautiful. Bit far for me at this point in time. If you guys ever get out to Colorado we can do the million dollar highway and descend into the canyon lands, at which point we'll become one with the universe.
Ctxrider44 and myself are planning that trip for Sept.

As for this WV trip, it sounds fun but it is 11 hrs each way for me and I need to save my leave for the South Dakota, Colorado, New Mexico trip.

Sent from my cellphone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey blue thunder...Thanks you for the covid update. I was going to ask the forum community about the area closer to my trip. I'm not going to make that ride in August but if the weather is good I'll be in the area end of July. I have a 5 day multi-city trip I m riding and I'll be stopping in Stephens city Va. then off to Lexington Ky that Monday. I want to ride the skyline drive in Shenandoah National Forest and see new river gorge bridge while I'm out that way. If you are free that Monday morning the 27th and wanna ride for a few hours let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey blue thunder...Thanks you for the covid update. I was going to ask the forum community about the area closer to my trip. I'm not going to make that ride in August but if the weather is good I'll be in the area end of July. I have a 5 day multi-city trip I m riding and I'll be stopping in Stephens city Va. then off to Lexington Ky that Monday. I want to ride the skyline drive in Shenandoah National Forest and see new river gorge bridge while I'm out that way. If you are free that Monday morning the 27th and wanna ride for a few hours let me know.
Hey CTXRider,
You sure you can't squeeze a little time for this ride?
MidWest Ride - SE Ohio July 22-26, 2020

You will thoroughly enjoy Skyline Drive (a fee is charged). Although I enjoy the Blue Ridge better. I will see if I can hold over till Monday but I have a feeling its not going to work out.

Enjoy your ride! This riding season is much too short because of COVID. Stay healthy and safe.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Brian kleinburg--

I wish I could but I don't leave Huntsville Alabama until Saturday the 25th for Helen then to Charlotte for the night. I won't make it up there until Sunday afternoon/evening.

I will be safe.
thank you
and you guys too. I will try to make it to a meet up next year.
This is a solo get away trip to test out my Corbin and put some miles on the bike.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This ride has been postponed to 2021. Date to be announced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts