CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had a similar situation a while back. See thread:
https://www.ctx1300forum.com/forum/...udden-idle-speed-stuck-too-high-rpm-help.html

My issue resolved either by itself or by me varying the throttle from lugging to short bursts. All I know is that it stopped. I believe it was an ECU issue as the ride before it happened I recall feeling something weird like a short vacuum or hiccup sensation in a very slow speed turn where I jerked the throttle. Maybe threw the software for a loop - out of bounds sensor reading or something. I was going to disconnect the battery to reboot the ECU next, but didnt have to.

Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need help. At idle speed are kept about 1,800 rpm and not reduced. What could be the problem?
TATES THAT UNIT IS IDLING HIGH AND THERE IS SPUTTERING COMING FROM THE EXHAUST
CUST STATES THAT THERE IS AN AFTERMARKET CANAM FILTER AND WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE IT TO STOCK
UNIT IS IDLING AROUND 2300 RPM ON START UP AND WILL RARELY GO BELOW 1600
DIAG AND ADVISE
Description:
Inspected unit and found unit had a high and erratic idle. Checked units compression and found all measure at 216 psi which is within
spec. Inspected for air leaks in the intake but could find none. Inspected ignition system and it check out good. Tech then removed fairings
and air box to access idle air control valve and inspected its operation. Tech found it is functioning as it should. Tech reset the valve and
reinstalled it. After doing this the unit started running normally with the idle down to 1000rpm. This is exactly what the spec given calls for.
Recommend replacing air filter to stock one

1 - 3 of 3 Posts