CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday me a a few riding buddies took to the Texas backroads for some site-seeing and some fun riding. We ended up on a super long straight stretch of road, so we opened up our bikes a bit. There was a BMW GS1200R a Honda F6B, and my CTX1300. I'm proud to say that my CTX1300 had no problem keeping up with them. In fact, I actually out-ran the F6B. The F6B seemed to stall out at 105mph and I just blew by going 114 mph and still accellerating. The BMW out ran me, but he had to work at it. The BMW probably hit 130 or so. We rode a total of 175 miles for the day, and my CTX 1300 ran like a dream.

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
It has been told that the CTX1300 has no problem keeping up with the F6B and many other bikes... even to the point of out running them easily. I think I read that the top speed is somewhere around 127 mph at the limiter. This is why I feel any complaint about a low red line or limiter (usually offered by sport or sport touring riders) is ridiculous and moot since this bike is no slouch. Not many riders dare to go much over 100 mph for very long and this bike will definitely satisfy the vast majority there, as you've testified. :D

· Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Stop it, Mark. You're killing me.

I usta ride like that occasionally in rural Arizona. But can't find those conditions here in the Pacific NW.

Nice to know, tho, in case I get mixed up with the Banditos. They all ride Harleys, so no worries about outrunning them. :D

· Registered
282 Posts
Yes. But the BMW quickly broke down after the race and it cost $2000 to fix it.... LOL. More seriously, how did you get there? Did you roll on in fifth or did you max out 4th and then go to 5th. My 4th gear is sweet and will get me almost to 90.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. But the BMW quickly broke down after the race and it cost $2000 to fix it.... LOL. More seriously, how did you get there? Did you roll on in fifth or did you max out 4th and then go to 5th. My 4th gear is sweet and will get me almost to 90.
I started from 5th (going 75 mph) and just throttled it up. The CTX 1300 has a bunch of torque and it just took off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.