CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

· Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my new design on combining Highway/Forward pegs together with a LED fog light. The bracket is made of 1/4 steel and bolted to the frame. I powder coated the bracket and a chrome version will be coming out soon. The CTX is my wifes bike (5' 2") and that is the reason for the Kuryakyn Switchblade peg. I am 5' 9"and my boots fit great on the pegs. I designed the bracket to allow the pegs to be moved forward 1 1/2" for the taller riders. I will post a YouTube video in the coming weeks on installation which include NO drilling, cutting or welding.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
Those look to be mounted in the same location I was thinking for highway pegs. :D
I am still thinking on this option. I'll likely install any fog/driving lights in the OEM location on the underside of the tip over bar cover. This is also a good location for the lights as well.

· Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the nice reviews. I was wrong to say no cutting is involved. I did it early in the design process and forgot that you have to cut 1/4" by 1 1/2" out on bottom of plastic to allow for bracket. I posted picture to show cut area.
For those who are interested just in the powder coated bracket the cost is $80. I haven't had time to check on price to have brackets chromed. I hope to get pricing this week but I'm sure it will be more than powder coating.
The LED light set is $75 and The Kuryakyn switchblade pegs #4445 are $150
If I sell the kits complete the mounting holes are powder coated to prevent rust. Be sure to apply some type of protection if you decide to make your own holes in bracket. Please contact me if you are tall and would like the peg mount holes moved 1 1/2 " forward or If you have your own pegs and want me to drill a specific size hole.
Don't forget shipping cost from zip code 75087. Mounting instructions with images will be included.

Attachments

· Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In my opinion the aftermarket fog lights are just as bright if not brighter than the OEM crazy expensive Honda lights. You make the call

Attachments

· Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you want the brackets in powder coat or chrome? Do you want the forward pegs moved up 1 1/2" if you are 6'.0"plus tall?

· Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have made several brackets with LED lights but think that most riders prefer their own pegs. There are many choices on pegs if you go to the kuryakyn.com website. I chose the switchblade #4445 because my wife is 5'2". The switchblade pegs are more expensive than others and I know riders like to customize. The cost is $155 for those who want the powder coated bracket and LED light without the pegs. PM me to discuss where you want the peg hole made and discuss shipping cost from zipcode 75228 Dallas, Texas.

· Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
final product in powder coat

For those who are interested in buying the forward peg/light bracket set up. The picture shows what I installed on my wifes bike. Previous post give pricing breakdown if you are interest. I will send a link on installation video.

Attachments

Reactions: robert

· Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the nice words. I have three sets of lights in as the others were on back order. I will PM you tonight to arrange the transaction.

· Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've made several brackets and would like to customize some for those who are interested. PM me with your cell # and I will send you options.

· Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the help. I'm not very forum savvy. Still trying to figure out how to post picture in full view instead of thumbnail. I appreciate all the help I can get.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.