CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Sleepingbear,
I really like the way this looks. I have been trying to figure out a way to mount pegs, but have not. Would you mind giving me a parts list/part numbers so I could simplify the process? You have done about what I am looking for. Thanks- By the way, I'm new here, so if you have this posted already, kindly direct me?
Jledbelly

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Reactions: bob

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@togojeff, or any other than can answer.
What is the diameter of the tube on the frame? 1.25 or 1.5???

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did the same setup on my bike with the 1 1/2 clamp and 5" stainless bolt tied into a the Kuryakyn 4574 Longhorn Offset Dually.

Disappointed with the left side due to the close proximity to the shifter. The front of my boot hits the back of the arm when downshifting.

Also the lack of Symmetry with the engine slide over to the right side of the frame makes for your leg/boot being in two different position from left to the right foot.

Over all this does make for a cheap easy way to add road pegs and the length is perfect for me at 5' 11" with a 33" inseam and size 11 boot.

Cost to build
Amazon 4574 Kuryakyn Longhorn to my door at: $118.00
Trip to the local Fleet Farm for 2- 5" stainless 1/2 coarse thread : $4.69
Stainless tube 2 pieces cut 3 1/2" from fuel line of a friend's 55 million dollar private G550 Gulfstream (priceless) gifted to me: $0

Total job took about 30 minutes and cost was low. Thanks for showing your post and pictures, I like the pegs and tubes (black) that were used on your bike better than the Kuryakyn pegs as they are as heavy as the bike....

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
I also did the same setup as your idea. Only with a 3" piece of pipe instead of 3.5. The left side was a piece of cake to do with the bracket facing underneath the frame tube instead of on top like yours is. Rite side peg was a lil tricky being next to brake pedal. Total $$ 70. Off Amazon.com. Gotta paint tube black. My foot pegs were black also. Dont want to be polishing too much chrome instead of riding. Ha ha..

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
What size tube did you use ? Are you still using how is it holding up.
Are you worried or do you think they would hit exhaust if you dropped bike. That's my worry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts