CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unknown how many on here like history-war movies. For those that do if you have not seen it may I suggest the new movie Midway. If my memory of History class from the late 60's very early 70's serves me right it is a very accurate movie. I was sad to see that I was 1 of 6 people in the theater. Everyone I saw appeared to be close to my age. It is a shame the younger generation does not care for the history of our great country.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I saw Midway on the Friday it opened. I was some what surprised to see the theater 60-70% full. Especially for a noon showing. Definitely an older crowd, lots of ball caps bearing Navy ships. Unfortunately the bad reviews may have keep the casual movie goer away. I thought it was better than the critics gave it credit for. I do think your right about younger generations regarding our country's history.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I saw the movie last week as well, and most of the viewers were in my generation. It was a great documentary with great cinematography. Highly recommend.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
I've been a WWII History buff since grade school - reading everything I could get my hands on. Sometimes I really worry about people not interested or just not caring about history in general and especially bad times in our history. The same thought always comes to mind - if you don't know history then you are bound to repeat it - and that's a scary thought!

My wife was out of town last week so I had an opportunity to go to the movies and my choice was between Midway and Ford vs Ferrari. I chose Ford vs Ferrari which by the way was absolutely excellent! I will be seeing Midway in a few weeks and I did notice it wasn't making money and the critics didn't rate it very good. Actual moviegoers however have rated it pretty high.

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
796 Posts
I lived those years with Ford vs Ferrari at the ripe old age of 15-19 and saw the cars after the 67 Lemans win in Louisville, Ky. I was in school then and they brought them to the fair grounds and ran them around the race track. Living through the muscle car era and owning three of them was awesome. I was 38 years old before ever owning an automatic. Loved those Muncie four speeds and Hurst shifters.

Reactions: Stlburd2
1 - 5 of 5 Posts