CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello....My first post.

I am a CTX1300 owner from today having moved from a 1 year old Z1000SX to a 2015 CTX1300 with tour kit and sound system etc.
I have a question relating to an alarm system that is plug and play for the CTX, I am in Cleveland England (little Island off Europe) so was wondering if anyone has fitted a plug and play alarm and what make/type it is and where is the plug required to plug one in. Thanks in advance ,picture is the CTX that arrived today
in some sort of frosty white colour

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice bike. No no alarm fitted, but the bike has H.I.S.S. which is good enough immobilizer.
On top of it classic chain a disk lock.
The electrical system in the CTX is quite unique, in term of power draw due to the led lights.
Guys here tend to avoid messing with it.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
BTW - No HISS in US.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it has HISS as standard but they is a plug to plug in an alarm system, the special wiring is the same on all modern bikes with the canbus arrangement but the plug is for an alarm , just needed to know who has fitted one and what type, My main concern when the bike arrived was the centre stand but it came with one and the matching box and taller screen and heated grips, this bike was originally in a dealers showroom on show but the dealer shut down selling the bike to the last owner for just £10.000 back in 2015, today it has 9700 Miles on the clock, its like new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have found the right alarm system shown in the picture but need to know if any owner has found the white plug shown as this is the plug and play connection, the alarm simply plugs into this and that
is it its thatcham CAT 1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi and Welcome. You have joined a very small club here in the UK. I'm down in Worcestershire and there is another near High Wycombe. How many more is a guess.
In answer to your question I have no idea. I didn't even know a plug and play alarm was available but I am interested in your findings.
Happy riding

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, all Honda bikes should have them from 2014 onward. I had the one i have brought up from a company called Freedom motorcycles, never seen one in my area of Teesside but the engine sold me as I have had 2 Pan 1300's in the past and the Z100SX i had was a tad to fast .

·
Registered
5 Posts
A bit slower than the ST as the engine was reworked for more torque lower down. I came from a 900 Tracer which I never settled with. Before that was an FJR which I loved. The Ctx has a more laid back approach which suits my occasional riding

1 - 9 of 9 Posts