CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,553 Posts
Now that was actually hard to watch! :eek:

I'm sure the performance is similar to the NC700 base it is designed from, but...
Those guys over on the ST board kept dissing on the CTX for months and months (and still), and they also dis on this. I believe they are totally off base on the CTX (maybe even jealous for some) but maybe right on for the NM4. I guess really the painful part for me was the riding position. Leaning WAY back with feet WAY forward. My back hurt seeing that. I can see why the pillion HAS to convert to a back rest or there would be no support. Some will like it and I'm sure there will be sales but I think it to be too radical a design for me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know, to me the seating position looks like the CTX700 and after my test ride, I thought that was a really comfortable bike. Again, I know I'm in the minority here but if they bring that bike in the the US and make it in black for the $10k or so as I have heard, I want one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think it is a cool looking bike, but I don't really think that it is my style. I read part of a long piece on this bike, and it talked about how it relates to Japanese animation and stuff like that. I think that it is not really targeted at the Western market, it is more aimed at Japan.

To be honest I am not entirely sure why they are releasing it in North America. I think it should just be released in Asian markets.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think it is a cool looking bike, but I don't really think that it is my style. I read part of a long piece on this bike, and it talked about how it relates to Japanese animation and stuff like that. I think that it is not really targeted at the Western market, it is more aimed at Japan.

To be honest I am not entirely sure why they are releasing it in North America. I think it should just be released in Asian markets.
I agree.
It's not for everyone and definitely not for you or me, it's for some unique type of motorcycle enthusiasts. Not sure how well or bad this will sell, i just wish them luck.

·
Super Moderator
2,170 Posts
Just winging a guess here, but I'd think the people who would be interested in this bike most likely wouldn't be here on this board. ;)

'Cept of course for Scott. :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
What I've been seeing in a few other places that the people really into the NM4 are mostly scooter owners. Kind of folks who want something more than a scoot but are not interested in full fledged motorcycling. This bridges the gap well IMO. lazboy seating, floorboards, DCT...

another vid

and its been priced...

·
Super Moderator
2,170 Posts
What I've been seeing in a few other places that the people really into the NM4 are mostly scooter owners. Kind of folks who want something more than a scoot but are not interested in full fledged motorcycling. This bridges the gap well IMO. lazboy seating, floorboards, DCT...
That's pretty much the hole that the DN01 was supposed to fill, too. Although this is much more reasonably priced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts