CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These now seem to be trickling into stock....
They said at least 1 week out on BO and one showed up 1 day later at Storm in Iowa.

So today I spoke with Justin (not Cory...) and placed the order.

I already have the carrier installed which was stupidly easy to do of course. Cant imagine the seat is any trickier...

:smileygarden_de_ban

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I've had mine on order with those guys for about a month. Hopefully I'll be hearing from them soon!

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Keep me posted on this as well! My dealer wants me to call them back when they become available and wont just order it for me when it comes in so If you guys start hearing these come in let me know!

Reactions: hanadarko

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it sure seems like something easy to do
keep us posted on when it arrives and how install on it goes.
Dont forget you need to purchase the carrier assembly as well (sold Separately) and lists for $163 on top of the $249 cost list of the seat.

This makes the whole project $412 list.

:mad:

http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/TERMS010.aspx

There is the link for all of the accessory install steps. The page is rather self explanatory as you navigate through it.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
like you said this is crazy easy to install.. but I do things it looks a little weird on the bike without the back rest seat or at least a bag on there. I'm hoping in the future we get some quick detach after market options...but for now I'm bitting the bullet and spending the 400 plus jus to get a back rest for the wife...lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
like you said this is crazy easy to install.. but I do things it looks a little weird on the bike without the back rest seat or at least a bag on there. I'm hoping in the future we get some quick detach after market options...but for now I'm bitting the bullet and spending the 400 plus jus to get a back rest for the wife...lol
Umm...same here. *cough* *cough*

No choice. :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

Now...my girlfriend doesn't mind....gee, look at the money I could have saved!?

:smileygarden_de_ban

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was told today by my AR dealer that the backrests (at least the blue version) were coming off backorder on 7/10. Placed my order and crossing my fingers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I contacted Storm lake Friday and was told the release date was NOW pushed to end of July for the seatbacks.

Oh well.....just wait and wait...

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
So the seat backs and center stands are not available .

Anything else? :confused:

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Passenger Seat Back

Has anyone got one yet? I'd kinda like to see one on a bike first to see if I like how it looks before I invest $400 + into it. I know Honda seems to be running behind the 8-ball on the accessories available for these CTX1300's for some reason. I guess I'm just impatient! :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not due out until end of July as of Monday.
No one has one yet, at least in the USA.

The pics on the Honda site are pretty straight forward and nice but the moment one of us get one (like me) I will post a pic the same day.

Already got the carrier on the bike...just waiting for the seatback.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Haven't seen one anywhere yet. :350x700px-LL-66dd6d
Well I bit the bullet and called my local dealer where I bought my bike and had them to go ahead and order the rear rack & seat back. They told me that Honda plans to ship on the 24th of this month! So I guess we'll see if I get it by the end of the month??? :smiley-happy0034:

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Well I bit the bullet and called my local dealer where I bought my bike and had them to go ahead and order the rear rack & seat back. They told me that Honda plans to ship on the 24th of this month! So I guess we'll see if I get it by the end of the month??? :smiley-happy0034:
Good to know -- I've had these on order for over a month now. The rear rack has been in for a few weeks, but no backrest.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Hey.... Just a heads up. My local Honda Dealer called me yesterday and told me that my rear rack and passenger backrest came in. I'm not sure on the blue or black ones, but looks like the red ones are available now! :D:D:D

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Just heard from Cory at Storm Lake -- backrest is in, and he'll be shipping it out today. :smileygarden_de_ban

1 - 20 of 29 Posts