CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received news via FB that Charlie Keller, the man who ran the Honda Riders Club of America (HRCA) for numerous years had a heart attack and was found to have 3-4 blockages. He is hospitalized at this time.
Charlie was "the" man running HRCA for years. I started as a volunteer for Charlie at the Honda Homecoming, then the Honda Hoot for 7-8 years before moving to a paid job with the Honda Demo Team.
One of the nicest guys you would ever meet always ready talk with anyone that wandered into the Honda tent. I would be surprised if there were no other CTX owners who were not HRCA members and who hadn't spoke to or heard Charlie speak at one rally or another.
Wishing him a speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A fellow rider and Honda Demo Ride employee sent me a Honda Hoot Rally Magazine from 2007. I believe that was the year Honda quit demo rides for about two years. Also the last year we worked them. This photo was in the magazine and has Don Browning (OK) on left, me ((MO), Tom Angell with hat (KS) and Gene Smith (CA) seated. In gray tee is Greg Hoette (MO) and Pete Hansen (MO) just past him. Only Greg and I still ride. How time flys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts