CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post something about Honda's latest bike to be unveiled. It's called the NM4 Vultus, and it pretty much is Honda's version of the Batbike. Well, not actually. It actually takes inspiration from anime and manga, or 'Japanimation'.

It runs on a 745cc twin-cylinder engine with a low centre of gravity delivering "strong low and mid-range power and torque." This engine produces 54bhp and 50lb-ft of torque. It should weigh just 245kg, meaning that this bike will be fast.

·
Super Moderator
5,470 Posts
There is a post on this at the "other" Honda forum I frequent. Lots of complaints about so called Honda designers age.
I'm not a fan of this one but it will appeal to some. Notice where the "glove boxes" are located... in the front of the fairing next to the headlight! That tall backrest also folds down to become the pillion, like on the larger Honda Ruckus scooter. Yet another iteration of the extended configurations of the NC750 series... like the Honda Integra scooter I just reported on here today.

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
Strange looking critter to be sure. But it's still nice to see Honda not conforming to all the existing rules. Some of these excursions from the norm will be hits, some may not. Only one way to know for sure, and that's to put 'em out there and see what the buying public thinks.

·
Super Moderator
5,470 Posts
Honda is definitely blurring the lines between categories or classes of motorcycle.
Redefining is the term they like to use lately.
CTX1300 blurring the line between cruiser, tourer, even sport tourer as the latest journalist/technician reviews have stated.
The new Honda Integra blurring the line between adventure/small touring and scooter.
And this Vultus blurring the line, or at least redefining the class of small touring... yet again.

·
Registered
152 Posts
so seriously, who do we think its going to buy this thing?

its confirmed to production using the NC/CTX700 bones, model Id is actually NC700J. ABS, DCT whole nine yards..

·
Super Moderator
5,470 Posts
so seriously, who do we think its going to buy this thing? ...
Probably some of the same riders who wonder who they think would possibly buy a CTX1300! :eek::D:D

Just look at how low and flat that windshield is. The air stream would just blow right past without deflecting at all. No wind protection what so ever! :D:D:D

but seriously, it is a bit over priced. $11K for a NC700?

·
Registered
212 Posts
it is pretty overpriced

i would have figured this would be a japan only model with it being so funky

but apparently they will sell it in north america?

·
Super Moderator
5,470 Posts
I'm OK with seeing this on the roads here in the USA. I've seen some really strange customs at some of the rallies I've been to. Usually custom trikes, but other customs on 2 wheels. So this actually looks like a factory built bike compared with those. It's just a bit strange looking for my tastes. Who knows, it might grow on me, already has a little since I'm getting used to seeing it around the web and on forums (people keep posting pics of it). :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority here but I think it's kinda badass and practical at the same time. Like Batman's scooter. As far as price, it seems about the same as a loaded up CTX700, which makes sense since it appears to have built in bags and standard DCT+ABS. I wonder if this is the CTX700 replacement though.

·
Super Moderator
5,470 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority here but I think it's kinda badass and practical at the same time. Like Batman's scooter. As far as price, it seems about the same as a loaded up CTX700, which makes sense since it appears to have built in bags and standard DCT+ABS. I wonder if this is the CTX700 replacement though.
Actually it's not a replacement. There are no fewer than 8 bikes from Honda based on the nc700 platform, including a scooter.
Let's see: NC700/x, NC750s/x, CTX700n, CTX700, NM4 Vultus, Integra 750 (scooter), may be more but don't remember. The 750 series is currently only available this year overseas.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Inspired by anime = no thanks
Anime is really cool, I just don't want to look like I am in anime. That seems to be a cool thing to do in japan though which is why I think so many people are expecting this bike to do well in Japan but not elsewhere.

Ill stick to watching anime, and playing video games. I don't need to do cosplay and ride an anime inspired bike.

Still waiting to see if the production version will be a bit more appealing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Neat! I would never buy one, but neat!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Its different for sure, I see its advertised on the Honda Canada web site to be offered for 2015. Love the guts HONDA has, everyone thought they were nuts when they put out the st1100 and then all the other manufacturers were playing catch up and Yamaha's FJR as much as its an awesome bike post 06 it had a ton of problems in the early models WHY because they were playing catch up and hurried to put out a bike they never planned on building. When you pave the future road you have the time to work out all the problems before you put it out there...just my thoughts and one reason why I am a loyal Honda customer...

Reactions: cjm76 and bob

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
Its different for sure, I see its advertised on the Honda Canada web site to be offered for 2015. Love the guts HONDA has, everyone thought they were nuts when they put out the st1100 and then all the other manufacturers were playing catch up and Yamaha's FJR as much as its an awesome bike post 06 it had a ton of problems in the early models WHY because they were playing catch up and hurried to put out a bike they never planned on building. When you pave the future road you have the time to work out all the problems before you put it out there...just my thoughts and one reason why I am a loyal Honda customer...
Case in point -- CTX1300. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts