CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably should have phrased that question better. When I have the front wheel off the ground and spin the front tire, I can hear a fair amount of resistance from the brake pads against the rotors. Not a lot, but some. A good hard spin of the front wheel will let it spin for a few revolutions, but it comes to a stop pretty quickly. Too much?
What do you think? Pull the front wheel and remount? Clean the calipers?
I’ve checked the rotors after a hours ride, they are not excessively hot. Heading out Tuesday for 4,000 mi ride. Just going over some things.
Thanks
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,724 Posts
There is usually some resistance on most bikes. I know not all however. Don't remember about my CTX but I do get that with my Burgman.
If it spins a few revolutions before it stops and there is not excessive heat after a normal ride with the usual amount of braking then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Very warm is normal. HOT to the touch would be a concern. You can attempt to remount the calipers and/or brake pads. Should be no need to remove and remount the front wheel unless you think there might be some alignment issue with the axle. Unlikely if it spins like that and rides fine.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Bob. I’m probably overthinking it a bit. We are going to be riding hard for a few weeks. I don’t want to be “that guy” with a bike that has problems.
Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bob

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I've always noticed a rubbing sound from the front wheel when I move it around, like when I push it out of my garage before starting it.

Reactions: MoPops
1 - 4 of 4 Posts