CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how bad my ankle injury is but I know that if any of the small bones in the foot are broken the hospital wouldn't do anything other than advise rest, elevation, ice and pain killers so I can do that at home!

https://youtu.be/P1rvK50jUgc

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Ouch! I hope nothing is broken in the foot!

Reactions: djrose007

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
OUCH!! That's a lot of weight and heat on your leg! If something is broken you would probably end up in a "boot" - as my wife did when she broke a bone in her foot. You may want to check that out!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
G'Day Dave .. sorry to see you have joined the horizontal biking riding team .. I know that feeling and could almost share an identical photo ....
take care and ensure you get it X Rayed ... Cheers and get better soon

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Adventure bikes these are not.

Sent from bljdb’s phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
At least you had the good sense not to jump up and try to right the motorcycle. I am sure that I what I would have tried to do, thinking "oh, it's only a flesh wound - but how's the bike?"

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bike Damage Update

My leg/ankle is on the mend, at least I can hobble around quite effectively now so I've managed to get down on my knees and see if I can re-attach the spotlight.
I removed the bracket to straighten it, bent to the extent that it was not possible to get the light pointing forward.

Tried to bolt it back on but cannot get the top bolt in, removed the panel and I can see why.
You can see in the photographs that the squared plate that holds the welded on nuts has been distorted by the force of hitting the ground.
Tried to cold straighten but impossible, I'm going to have to heat it with a blowtorch and see if I can do it then. Not my strong point this sort of thing but got to have a go.

Wish me luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
My leg/ankle is on the mend, at least I can hobble around quite effectively now so I've managed to get down on my knees and see if I can re-attach the spotlight.
I removed the bracket to straighten it, bent to the extent that it was not possible to get the light pointing forward...
I was wondering about damage to the bike - I did not see any mention before, so I thought that maybe you got lucky in that regard anyway. If what you show is the only thing, than at least it is all under wraps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts