CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i no this is probably the wrong place to put this but how do you adjust the handle bars on the ctx 1300? i mean how do you get the caps off the handle bars to loose the allen bolts/ i would appreciate any info. thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey all i no this is probably the wrong place to put this but how do you adjust the handle bars on the ctx 1300? i mean how do you get the caps off the handle bars to loose the allen bolts/ i would appreciate any info. thanks
I think I know the issue here, the cap is actually on top of the bolt so its not touching the bar risers (it does not cover the entire bolt just its top). If you squeeze your nail against it, it should come out.
I hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Moved to General Discussion. :)

Yes, you should be able to pry the caps up with a thumbnail, but sometimes they're a bit stubborn. I've used a small, thin screwdriver very carefully so as not to scratch the caps or the risers. It doesn't take much to pry them loose.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Make sure you have some length on your fingernails. The last time I popped my caps off, I had just trimmed my nails and it hurt when I slid the edge under one of the caps!

I got creative and used the edge of an employee ID card I had in my wallet to get the rest off. Like @sleepingbear said, be careful prying the caps off. In case it's not obvious, the caps are just chromed plastic.

Jeff

·
Registered
833 Posts
Putty Knife.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I used a flat head jeweler's screw driver to pop mine off. The thinnest flat head in a standard set of screw drivers would work too..

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Pocket knife....now....once with thumb nail. I think mine are getting wore out. I keep changing the power out location around the bars, the GPS wiring, the extra mirrors, meaning I re-adjust the handle bars or the cover for the power outlet.
Wife thinks I need more projects in the house.:eek:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Found the ideal tool is a utility knife with a new blade. Provides good strength, thin entry, and just enough wedge to get the caps started up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Now on some bikes you don't have to loosen all bolts to adjust the handle bars, I don't know about this bike. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I did.

Not a lot, but I did all of them:wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts