CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only discovered the existence of the CTX1300 a month or two ago, and this forum not long after that. Glad to be here.

My deal: my last/first bike was a '79 Kawasaki KZ1000, which I sold about 8 years ago. I'm looking to get back into riding. Looking to get something that can do most everything except off-road and track days. I'll be taking a close look at this bike.

Went to a local dealer today and checked out a nice red Deluxe model. REAL nice bike. Very impressed.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

"can do most everything except off-road and track days" is pretty much this bike, though I've seen Gold Wings at track days, so I can't totally rule that out, either.

Surf the forum, ask questions. But most importantly, if you can, take a test ride. That will tell you for sure if it's the bike for you. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Welcome @akd801! Yep, a really versatile bike. While I have ridden on loose gravel on this bike I really don't like to. The bike handled that well, if only a little squirrelly but it was more a matter of me being paranoid on that surface. All other surfaces, including dry packed dirt road, were good on this bike :)

As Ed has stated in other places on this forum, this is the bike I've been looking for for a long time. Really glad Honda put it out there for us. I've wanted something just like my old GL1500 but lighter and more nimble and able to do the same stuff otherwise. This is the one for me. :D

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Howdy aks801!
I went into the Honda dealership to buy the new Valkyrie. I had never even heard of the CTX1300 before, but once I saw it in the showroom, I fell in love with it. Although I was looking for the power of the flat-6 on the Valk, I realized when I saw the CTX how much better it is to have integraded luggage and a big comfy pillion for the wifey. She helped decide that, of course. Good luck, and let us know if/when you bring that red beauty home! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts