CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why doesn't HMC publish the HP and Torque specs for this engine? And a graph of the info? Where doya get this?

Heck, when I was towing my 16k# fifth wheel with my F350 PSD, I would whip out my torque graph when we would all sit around the campfire and those Dodge boys would get a little too frisky. :smileygarden_de_ban Ram this! :smiley-happy0034:

But I digress....

PS. Still waiting for dang dealer to deliver. Tues be 2.5 weeks since I plunked down my hard earns.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gee thanks payson. I painted some whiteout on my screen to hide those puny VStar lines.

Sure do wonder tho why Honda keeps this so hush-hush.:350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a pure version, without the SOB.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Sure do wonder tho why Honda keeps this so hush-hush.:350x700px-LL-66dd6d
Because people tend to look at numbers as the end-all be-all and be turned off by the substantial drop from its parent ST1300 without experiencing the true rideability of it. Lot of b!tching went on over in the ST forum when the specs were first published about exactly that ... among other things. The truth is that the CTX has more torque and hp down in the most usable RPM range than the ST (and many other higher-hp bikes), which you can't see from the bare numbers, you can only get an idea of from the graph, but can only truly appreciate with your butt in the saddle.

·
Registered
437 Posts
PS. Still waiting for dang dealer to deliver. Tues be 2.5 weeks since I plunked down my hard earns.
Right there with 'ya. The distribution center in Chicago is only 8 hours away.

2 weeks tomorrow.:(

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Springer,

Ordered the CTX1300 on the 11th of Feb. and it was ready at the dealer in northern WI on Feb. 24th. That bike came out of Chicago as well. I didn't ask for any promises or a rush, since it was still winter up here, so it just might be that 2 weeks is what it takes. However, this dealer is not into snowmobiles but does a lot of ATV/UTV and motorcycle traffic. There may not have been many bikes to set-up at that time.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right there with 'ya. The distribution center in Chicago is only 8 hours away.

2 weeks tomorrow.:(
1 Take a cab to Chicago.
2 Ride it to the dealer
3 Charge 'em "delivery." :ty:

Mine has been sitting in front of the service center for 10 days now. Too busy. Huh? :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Registered
437 Posts
1 Take a cab to Chicago.
2 Ride it to the dealer
3 Charge 'em "delivery." :ty:
:)

Springer,

Ordered the CTX1300 on the 11th of Feb. and it was ready at the dealer in northern WI on Feb. 24th. That bike came out of Chicago as well.
Yes, I suspect the logjam is transportation. Nobody's going to run an 18 wheeler 500 miles one way to deliver one bike. (But it's MY bike!):)

However after what I saw at the dealer on Sat. I suspect it won't be too difficult to fill a delivery truck. Place was mobbed. Saw them deliver 2 new Wings, two Roadsmith trike conversions and an ATV in the 20 minutes I was there. Blue shy, 73 degrees.

I'm sure mine will be ready on 3/23. They're predicting 3" of snow that day...:(

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
:)

Yes, I suspect the logjam is transportation. Nobody's going to run an 18 wheeler 500 miles one way to deliver one bike. (But it's MY bike!):)

However after what I saw at the dealer on Sat. I suspect it won't be too difficult to fill a delivery truck. Place was mobbed. Saw them deliver 2 new Wings, two Roadsmith trike conversions and an ATV in the 20 minutes I was there. Blue shy, 73 degrees.

I'm sure mine will be ready on 3/23. They're predicting 3" of snow that day...:(
Easy solution to that is to go buy a snowblower, too. :D

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
279 Posts
have yet to understand what hp matters unless you have more then a busa or bmw1000r or the likes
torque is all that matters
I learned about that on my new fz-07
400 lbs and 50lbs of trq
on the street you will never need more
if you have a track bike then ok I see the argument
if not racing, hp Is a small. maybe I cant say that
75lbs to cruise around with will be plenty
unless your gonna run around measuring the size of your
well likely cant say that either
I would like to take this time to apologize for the things that I say
sure hope you guys have a sense of humor

·
Registered
437 Posts
Easy solution to that is to go buy a snowblower, too. :D
I was actually going to ask whether anyone on the site had experience with the CTX1300D aftermarket snowplow attachment?:smile:

Nah. I don't think anyone here has a sense of humor:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't need no stinkin' sense of humor.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was actually going to ask whether anyone on the site had experience with the CTX1300D aftermarket snowplow attachment?:smile:

Nah. I don't think anyone here has a sense of humor:D
have yet to understand what hp matters unless you have more then a busa or bmw1000r or the likes
torque is all that matters
I learned about that on my new fz-07
400 lbs and 50lbs of trq
on the street you will never need more
if you have a track bike then ok I see the argument
if not racing, hp Is a small. maybe I cant say that
75lbs to cruise around with will be plenty
unless your gonna run around measuring the size of your
well likely cant say that either
One needs this data to quantify how happy you are. More torque = more happiness.

Here are some other examples

• With two women, you'd be twice as...no, wait, that's not right, except in certain circumstances.

• Oh yeah. Two motorcycles - you're twice as happy...except for two payments.

• Or two potatoes. Y'know
    "One potato, two potato, three potato, four."
    Four potatoes :smileygarden_de_ban Four times as happy!

That's why I want to know about HP and torque. Because of potatoes.

You're welcome.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Well, as Ed said, and I've said over on the ST forum...
The CTX version of the v-4 engine has more torque (AND HP for those who really want to know it) than the ST version of the same engine at below 5000 rpm. At that rpm those two bikes are equal in both numbers. I never get mine much over 4000 rpm, if I even get it that high, while cruising the highways and have NO lack of go power (I usually am running at around 3500-3800 rpm on the super slab in Iowa, 65-70mph, and 3000-3200+ rpm on state/county highways, 55-60 mph). ST riders have to rev the engine over 5000 rpm to get into the fun range.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've owned both a new CTX1300D (Still do) and I traded a 'new' 2012 Yamaha Star 1300T for it maybe 6 months after I bought it. It was in many ways a dumb move because the Yamaha was a superb mount but the CTX is much better in every way---except ease of regular maintenance!

My seat of pants dyno told me that both bikes had about the same high gear pulling power (Torque) and a bit more Horsepower was apparent also with the CTX. The way the engine on the CTX works however is like comparing a 'sewing machine,' to a John Deere tractor: Shifting is butter smooth, the brakes superb, and the 'ergonomics' just work for me! Not to mention the sound of the V4 versus the V-twin.

I do all of my own maintenance on all of my current and past bikes and the Yamaha wins in this respect hands down!

I thought plastic tupperware was a kitchen product and not something that hides important items like the air cleaner and battery! I just put a new battery in the CTX and with the plastic situation, it was a pain.:( I will sell the CTX before it's time for a valve adjustment or maybe even before an air cleaner change:)

The HP and Torque in the above window is about what is reported everywhere.

Sam:)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks djrose007. This test is what caused me to start looking at the CTX 1300, although I didn't actually buy until 2016.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts