CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Purchased my Red 2014 CTX1300 Deluxe last Saturday.

I am in Fargo ND. So it might be a month or so before I get to ride it.:( It was 29-30 degrees outside when I rode it 5 miles home from the dealer and man was that cold as I was not dressed properly.

I have been reading lots of threads and reviews about the bike and I will have some questions that I would like to ask. The only accessory that I have purchased is the factory tall windshield. Waiting for it to get in and then warm up before I install it.

If anyone is out riding I am jealous of you but be safe!

· Registered
227 Posts
I really like the red ones, even though mine is blue.

· Registered
313 Posts
If anyone is out riding I am jealous of you but be safe!
Was a "cool" 73 on my way home from work and 60 when I started out this morning (Duluth, GA)... But I come from MI originally, so I know what it is like to have to wait it out till spring.

Get that tall windshield on and it will make it a bit more comfortable for cool running. I am not "hard core" at all when it comes to riding in the cold, but can stand it much better on the CTX1300. On my Magna (no windshield) I used to draw the line at about 55, but I have ridden the CTX down to the 40s with nothing more "extra" than long johns, neck gator, and some good gloves.

And welcome to the group.

Reactions: shane

· Premium Member
907 Posts
Congrats and welcome, Stangfyer! Warmer weather is coming, I just know it. :)
I've had a few warmish days here, but I can't wait until I'm riding to work every day. Coldest I have ever ridden was 27F for half an hour on my old Virago. That was not fun. On the CTX, I'm perfectly comfortable in the mid-40's, and much colder is possible with more gear.
Send us some pics when you can!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.