CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've come to realize, belatedly, that I've #1- Purchased a bike that's an incredible motorcycle and, #2- this forum is a great resource for anyone with a CTX1300. My story is as follows (greatly condensed): I've ridden motorcycles for over half a century (first bike? Honda 90 in 1964). My last bike (sold about 4 years ago) was a Honda V65 Sabre, a total rocket bike, kinda scary. It got too old and had serious issues, I sold it to a guy who rebuilds V65's. So, here I am, now 69 years old, with NO limitations, and I wanna get another bike. I've wanted an ST1300 for like 20 years, never bit on it and never actually got one. My son-in-law made the case that, with my wife as a rider, maybe the ST1300 wasn't the best idea? She's older than me, will be 75 in December. But, like me, no limitations except for the aches and pains of 74 years. Soooo, I processed what my SIL said, and decided I wanted something a bit more sedate than the ST1300, but not a Wing. Enter the CTX1300, a perfect solution. I absolutely love it, and wonder why it never took off on it's own (it was overpriced for 2014). We are gonna put some miles on this bike! I got it with ~7250 miles on it, hardly broken in. Deluxe model. Life is good! Put some miles on it today (about 4K in the last 3 months) and, here in Colorado, I had to come to a near complete stop for deer crossing the road, later saw a fresh-killed buck. Wouldn't have it any other way. This bike is incredible.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
A lot of us feel that way. I’ve just had mine for 2 yrs, so I’m a rookie compared to some here. But it puts a smile on my face every time I ride it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Had mine for 4+ years and still get excited on a ride with what the beast can do. I live in Tasmania and our roads are made for motorcycle happiness and the cops are few and far between. This bike does everything i need so well, riding hard on the twisty's and touring for days is equally fun. Im sure you will enjoy your choice.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ditto! My fav bike so far! Can't wait for riding season to get going again to try out my recently installed mc cruise! Bought mine New in 2015, 50K miles later still love it. Getting around other motorcycle enthusiasts, they have to ask about the CTX!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had the bike mistaken for a GoldWing and a BMW. No one out there, for the most part, have ever seen or heard of a CTX1300. Cruising with those attending the Meet-Ups always has bikers heads turning trying to figure out what they are. Fun Fun Fun. Stay safe all.
I took mine to a Honda dealership here in Colorado, the service manager had no idea what it was. One of the mechanics did though. He told me later customers were asking about it all day!

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
So, I've come to realize, belatedly, that I've #1- Purchased a bike that's an incredible motorcycle and, #2- this forum is a great resource for anyone with a CTX1300. My story is as follows (greatly condensed): I've ridden motorcycles for over half a century (first bike? Honda 90 in 1964). My last bike (sold about 4 years ago) was a Honda V65 Sabre, a total rocket bike, kinda scary. It got too old and had serious issues, I sold it to a guy who rebuilds V65's. So, here I am, now 69 years old, with NO limitations, and I wanna get another bike. I've wanted an ST1300 for like 20 years, never bit on it and never actually got one. My son-in-law made the case that, with my wife as a rider, maybe the ST1300 wasn't the best idea? She's older than me, will be 75 in December. But, like me, no limitations except for the aches and pains of 74 years. Soooo, I processed what my SIL said, and decided I wanted something a bit more sedate than the ST1300, but not a Wing. Enter the CTX1300, a perfect solution. I absolutely love it, and wonder why it never took off on it's own (it was overpriced for 2014). We are gonna put some miles on this bike! I got it with ~7250 miles on it, hardly broken in. Deluxe model. Life is good! Put some miles on it today (about 4K in the last 3 months) and, here in Colorado, I had to come to a near complete stop for deer crossing the road, later saw a fresh-killed buck. Wouldn't have it any other way. This bike is incredible.
When this bike first hit the market, I thought no, too much for a 1300. Then I got the bug to look for something larger than what I was currently riding, since I also pull a trailer.
Just for curiosity, I looked at the CTX on Cycle Trader and found a new standard model for $7000! AND it was less than three hours from my home. That was March 2018, and I haven't found a deal that good since. Because it was marked down so much, I've added every OEM accessory. So it's now basically a Deluxe without the ABS or traction control.
But I have to admit, the latest Goldwing series sure has a sweet center of gravity. If it were only in my budget......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When this bike first hit the market, I thought no, too much for a 1300. Then I got the bug to look for something larger than what I was currently riding, since I also pull a trailer.
Just for curiosity, I looked at the CTX on Cycle Trader and found a new standard model for $7000! AND it was less than three hours from my home. That was March 2018, and I haven't found a deal that good since. Because it was marked down so much, I've added every OEM accessory. So it's now basically a Deluxe without the ABS or traction control.
But I have to admit, the latest Goldwing series sure has a sweet center of gravity. If it were only in my budget......
Yeah, a full touring package will set you back $30K, that's too rich for me. You definitely got a great deal on yours. I got a deluxe with ~7700 miles on it for $8100, still has Honda's extended warranty package, single owner. What a sweet bike...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts