CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in the bigger bike. I bought the CTX700 because I was tired of paying so much money for the larger tourers.

I made a good run at using the CTX700 as a practical tourer, but I seem to have the bigger bikes in my blood.

It took me a long time to get the windshield sorted on the 700 and I'd have to do that all over again on the 1300. I like the shaft drive on the 1300, but the chain has not been a big issue on the smaller bike. I bought the 700 with the DCT so I could have ABS. I like the DCT and I'd rather not give it up. The CTX1300 Deluxe will be nearly as expensive as my full dress Trophy.

I can't find any good logical reasons to trade up to the 1300, but I'll probably do it anyway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm interested in the bigger bike. I bought the CTX700 because I was tired of paying so much money for the larger tourers.

I made a good run at using the CTX700 as a practical tourer, but I seem to have the bigger bikes in my blood.

It took me a long time to get the windshield sorted on the 700 and I'd have to do that all over again on the 1300. I like the shaft drive on the 1300, but the chain has not been a big issue on the smaller bike. I bought the 700 with the DCT so I could have ABS. I like the DCT and I'd rather not give it up. The CTX1300 Deluxe will be nearly as expensive as my full dress Trophy.

I can't find any good logical reasons to trade up to the 1300, but I'll probably do it anyway.
I am on the same boat as you TennesseeSmith. Didn't you just get the CTX 700 not too long ago? Lol it's ok I did the same :)

well I promised my son to give him the CTX 700 since he is moving to Michigan. No turning back now.

I love the feel and ride of it especially around on the highway, very stable. even when I pulled up to the local variety I can tell how eye catching the candy red is :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought the NC700X.

I am also looking at the CTX1300 deluxe.

I will have to test ride it.

I have bought bike's on enthusiasm before, never again.

I bought a C109R, that is a straight line only bike that does not like corners, but is a dragster

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I still had land in the country I'd have a couple of Groms. Those look like incredible fun.

·
Registered
78 Posts
would anyone here get a Honda Grom to mess around with? They're really cheap bikes, good fun!
Talked with the Honda sales people, they may be cheap but are NOT street legal ... sorry to say! I can just imagine taking one on the expressway or interstate and cranking them wide-open. I believe they WILL do about 35 mph.

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
The only reason that counts is the one that lets you ride what you like and like what you ride. ;)

You only go around once -- may as well enjoy yourself on the trip!

·
Registered
32 Posts
If I still had land in the country I'd have a couple of Groms. Those look like incredible fun.
Yes indeed!

I have thought about picking up one to have fun with but the wife would just complain so it is out of question for now. We'll see what happens next year. :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts