CTX 1300 Forum banner

Idea - A Got Mine Listing

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  bob 
#1 ·
Got an idea::rolleyes:

But wasn't sure how to present it best so I'm giving this a post a try to see if it plants a good seed.:confused:

In reading some forum history (over my Sunday morning coffee) of the talks on decisions to order or wait for reviews and feedback:rolleyes:, decisions on where to check pricing and/or maybe order:confused: actually making orders:), possible/actual arrivals of floor models:(, and eventually tentative/actual order deliveries...:D

Might we start want a stats board/or listing of some sort of... say of actual deliveries... or maybe orders placed and final deliveries, and maybe serial numbers? Since I'm just a newbie hear I wasn't sure if this is a good idea or a bad one. And if a good one, not sure how to structure it so let the discussion commence and if a go, maybe the right person can step up and put it together?:cool:

For my own history... most of which is not needed for the above idea.

12/20/13 - I made the decision to get one if price could be justified (coincidently it was my BD).

12/21/13 - Called my old Gold Wing Dealer/Sales Manager on 12/21 to give him my definite interest to buy once he had details and pricing etc.

2/1/14 - Dealer called that he has a showroom one coming but uncertain of what it will be and pricing he can sell for.

2/4/14 - Dealer still seeking $ info.

2/6/14 - Dealer called. What he has coming isn't version or color I want. He had the number$ he can do, which suit me, so I said try to order what I want with next order if possible.

2/28/14 - Dealer called. His floor model (Black Std) will ship ~ 3/21. My Blue Deluxe order went through and will ship ~4/11. He will call me when he gets the floor model so I can check it out in person and anxiously await mine!!!...​

See less See more
Reactions: rosy thorn and bob
#2 ·
My history:

11/27/13 - Saw an article on the new Valkyrie on MotorcyclistOnline.com.

11/28/13 - Did a little more investigating on the new Valk and learned that it was not the first new bike Honda has coming out in 2014, and that the other one announced almost a month earlier had a V-4. Had heart palpitations.

11/28/13 (later) - Visited the Honda site and saw the CTX1300. Knew then and there I have to have it.

11/28/13 (later still) - Hit Google hot and heavy and chased down every article I could find on the CTX1300.

Have been drooling uncontrollably ever since.

#3 ·
You guys sure keep track of this stuff more carefully than I do! I couldn't tell you when I first saw the info about the CTX1300. I do know I had already seen it online (I think my dealer had a little popup ad about taking orders for it and it caught my attention). And I know that my top reason for going to the local motorcycle show was to look at that particular bike. That's when things took off.

2/8/2014 - Saw (and sat on) the CTX1300 at the motorcycle show. It was love at first sit. ;)

2/15/2014 - After debating in my head for a week, I called the dealer and put down a $500 deposit to hold the bike. Turns out I was the first person to do that. They checked and found out they were already scheduled to receive the model and color I wanted; said they would work with their Honda rep to make sure that one came in first.

2/26/2014 - Purchased a lifetime membership in this forum. I figure I'm gonna be here awhile.

3/4/2014 - Ordered a personalized license plate from the state for the new bike. I guess I'm committed now! With any luck I might even have the new plate by the time I go for the test drive (and hopefully to bring the bike home).

3/11/2014 - Got word that I've been approved for financing up to $20,000 by my credit union. Hopefully some accessories I want will be available by that time so I can include them in the financing.

And of course, ever since I saw the bike in person I've been obsessing over it… :D

Reactions: bob
#4 ·
I really don't have that good a remembory. I still had the email I sent to my buddy who has an old Valk with a link to an article about the new Valk which started this snowball rolling. And then I had the follow-up email to the same guy with a link to the CTX1300 on the Honda site. So I could get right down to the minutes and seconds that life as I knew it came to a screeching halt.

#7 ·
It has arrived... finally

Got an idea::rolleyes:

But wasn't sure how to present it best so I'm giving this a post a try to see if it plants a good seed.:confused:

In reading some forum history (over my Sunday morning coffee) of the talks on decisions to order or wait for reviews and feedback:rolleyes:, decisions on where to check pricing and/or maybe order:confused: actually making orders:), possible/actual arrivals of floor models:(, and eventually tentative/actual order deliveries...:D

Might we start want a stats board/or listing of some sort of... say of actual deliveries... or maybe orders placed and final deliveries, and maybe serial numbers? Since I'm just a newbie hear I wasn't sure if this is a good idea or a bad one. And if a good one, not sure how to structure it so let the discussion commence and if a go, maybe the right person can step up and put it together?:cool:

For my own history... most of which is not needed for the above idea.

12/20/13 - I made the decision to get one if price could be justified (coincidently it was my BD).

12/21/13 - Called my old Gold Wing Dealer/Sales Manager on 12/21 to give him my definite interest to buy once he had details and pricing etc.

2/1/14 - Dealer called that he has a showroom one coming but uncertain of what it will be and pricing he can sell for.

2/4/14 - Dealer still seeking $ info.

2/6/14 - Dealer called. What he has coming isn't version or color I want. He had the number$ he can do, which suit me, so I said try to order what I want with next order if possible.

2/28/14 - Dealer called. His floor model (Black Std) will ship ~ 3/21. My Blue Deluxe order went through and will ship ~4/11. He will call me when he gets the floor model so I can check it out in person and anxiously await mine!!!...​
Got the call this morning from my Sales manager that my Ride was delivered yesterday (4/09) :D (his day off so hence the delay in notice).
They are uncrating it this morning and will work on preps. They have some other priorities/activies to deal with in parrallel so it's a little unceratin if I can pick it up tonight. :confused: Plus they don't have title yet so if I get it, I'll be riding on their dealer plate. It is supposed to start raining tonight through Saturday so may not be till Monday for pick up. I have no desire to ride 40+ miles home in rain tomorrow on my brandy new bike. I've waited this long so a bit more delay isn't so bad.:rolleyes: Plus I'd only get it home to garage it and not ride due to rain and some family comitments over the weekend.

Along with this thread idea I have the VIN
I'm guessing some portion of the last characters are the serial number... If so, then mine is being 000279 is still a fairly early/low number one?

Reactions: bob
#9 ·
I'm guessing some portion of the last characters are the serial number... If so, then mine is being 000279 is still a fairly early/low number one?
Yeah, for the heck of it I looked up how to interpret the VIN number of a vehicle and it revealed some interesting information. Like the bikes are assembled at the Kumamoto factory in Japan; the model code is 745; it is considered a "street" bike by Honda and is over 900cc. And my serial number is 000411--easy to remember. I guess that puts me in charge of Information about the CTX1300 (or at least directory assistance, whatever that would be in this context). :D

#10 ·
#11 ·
It's almost ready

Just got call #2 today. The shop guys are putting it together (prepping mostly) and I can come get it ~ 3:30.:rolleyes:

So got to get my riding gear together and head out soon for the maiden voyage home.:) I'll probably try to take back roads home as much as possible though will be on main/major roads at first.:eek: I want to enable speed and RPM variations as much as possible as well as try some brake pad bedding stops. We'll see.:cool: Getting excited for sure.:D

#13 ·
Congrats!!!
Conservative ride on the main/major roads for a while won't hurt a bit. Back roads will give you plenty rpm variation you need, especially if there are many curves. :)

Now it will be your turn to report on the ride. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.