CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CTX1300D - TennesseeSmith

I'll post more tomorrow, but that one and the one before it were the only places I stopped for photos today.

I got the week off work and went for a little ride. I'm in South Carolina for the night. I rode in Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, and Georgia before getting to South Carolina.

I only got rained on once just outside Cleveland GA and the sun was shining brightly at the time!

The picture of the bike under the pipe is at Apalachia Dam in North Carolina. The access road comes off of TN68 near Farner TN. They run the whole river in a pipe for twenty something miles and then drop it down into the power house.

The other photo is the Georgia Guidestones near Elberton GA. I'd been to Elberton on business a few times back in the early 2000s. I never heard of the Guidestones until I saw them on some alarmist TV show. So I went to have a look.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Robeth Bankshot and MISTERK were up in there did you happen to see them a 12 white a black and yellow wings from the Goldwing board?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw very few bikes on this trip. I only saw one Wing and it was a blue previous to 2012 model. That was in the Tellico Plains area.

I saw an ST1300 in a long line of smaller bikes, but I don't remember what state it was.

The only vehicle I saw near the Apalachia Dam was the local Drivers Ed car. I guess they want the kids to learn the trails as well as the roads. :)

The only place truck traffic was high was on TN68 south of Tellico Plains. I was amazed at the speeds they were making. Some of them got into my lane a bit in the tight corners. I don't know how they were getting past each other.

I went through Lenoir City on US321 at about 10 a.m. and then took TN444 to Vonore.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just that quickly my vacation is over. I have to go back to the office and fix an ancient system that is not behaving.

I had a really nice trip back from South Carolina. From Anderson, I took US178 and NC215 north to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Then I went across the Park and the Foothills Parkway.

The return trip was really sweet. The rain had cleared out and the air was crisp and cool. I could see forever from the high places.

I added a couple of shots from the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to the SmugMug album.

http://tennesseesmith.smugmug.com/2014-Vacation/

If I can get Friday off, I plan to ride the red CTX to Indiana.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts