CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I've installed the Honda Genuine 12V accessory socket, the one on the right side under the seat. Compared with the humiliating (temporarily) defeat of the center stand, this was a piece of cake. You need to have small hands to be able to install the socket metal bracket without removing the right-rear cowl. Anyway, not sure what to use it for but it's good to know it's there!

Reactions: bob

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I'm guessing its location might be good for connecting Gerbing gear

Reactions: sleepngbear

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
I would agree with the Gerbing heated gear idea. I have a special connector that I added under the seat for that. I used the same factory provided connector for that power port to put mine in the right saddlebag. I wanted something there for charging devices that don't fit in the right front storage pocket where the USB connector is. See that accessory project HERE. I also added a second 12v power port under the seat since the factory port has only a 10 amp fuse and wiring for supporting only that. I needed a 15 amp fuse and wires for emergency use for my Slime mini air compressor so ran my own wires directly from the battery with an inline 15 amp fuse.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just wondering

Could you use that power port to maintain the battery? Just wondering since it might be more convenient to plug in the Battery Tender-type charger/maintainer?

Aloha,
Huladog

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Could you use that power port to maintain the battery? Just wondering since it might be more convenient to plug in the Battery Tender-type charger/maintainer?

Aloha,
Huladog
The factory option (what I used in my saddlebag) cannot be used to charge the battery since it runs through other circuits on the bike and is a switched power item (disconnected when the bike is off). My added power port that is directly connected to the battery could be used to charge the battery, but I also have a battery maintainer pigtail on my battery for that purpose.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's right, the power outlet runs through the fuse block. Duh. Guess I need to make the careful effort to open up that battery cover and install the battery leads BEFORE I ever need to charge the battery!

Mahalo,
Huladog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts