CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to pick up my front and rear wheels Friday afternoon with freshly mounted and balanced Exedra Maxes. :smile: I've got a few questions on the wheel install. When installing the front wheel are there any tips or tricks to getting the brake calipers on the two disks? The service manual says to apply the front brake and pump he fork up and down to seat the axle. Pardon my ignorance but does pump, in this instance, mean compress, as in putting your weight on the handle bars to get the forks to compress? Finally, the last thing the manual says to do is inspect the wheel speed censor air gap. Has anyone found their air gap to be out of spec? Apparently, the air gap cannot be adjusted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those of you curious, it's pretty easy to get the brake calipers on both disks. It shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm hoping to pick up my front and rear wheels Friday afternoon with freshly mounted and balanced Exedra Maxes. 😄 I've got a few questions on the wheel install. When installing the front wheel are there any tips or tricks to getting the brake calipers on the two disks? The service manual says to apply the front brake and pump he fork up and down to seat the axle. Pardon my ignorance but does pump, in this instance, mean compress, as in putting your weight on the handle bars to get the forks to compress? Finally, the last thing the manual says to do is inspect the wheel speed censor air gap. Has anyone found their air gap to be out of spec? Apparently, the air gap cannot be adjusted.
How do you like the Exedra maxes?

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,045 Posts
This post is 5 years old...

But....

I love my Bridgestone Exedra Max tire. I find they are the best for my style of riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts