CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A problem I've noticed with the instrument panel on the CTX is that the instrument panel becomes nearly impossible to read when the sun is coming in over your shoulder. Not so much with the speedo and tach, but with the center read-out screen. The sunlight just washes it out so you can't read the temp, fuel gauge, etc. I can't move my body enough to cast a shadow on the screen to make them visible. This may only be a winter time problem when the sun is lower on the horizon for so much of the day. It happened today as I was riding with the sun at my back. I wonder if Honda had designed the panel to sit a few more degrees upright if the problem would go away. It's not a major thing for me, only an annoyance.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yes the instrument panel disappears in the sunlight - and as you said, it is just an annoyance. But I have a silly question: do you have the brightness turned up to max?

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
I noticed that at first, and then adjusted the brightness up and don't have that problem... as much. Something I figure is just the nature of the sunshine. I use my left hand to see what I need to see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts