CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Bought my blue CTX Deluxe back in July,traded in a 2012 Harley FLD.The CTX is twice the bike.The only problem a month after buying the bike I had to have back surgery. Hopefully going to get some ridding in before winter.

·
Registered
168 Posts
hello,
nice change from HD to HonDa
hope you get well soon and have lots of fun with your ctx.
oh, and winter is miles away

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@will,
Ooooouuuuuch. Hurts me just to think about back problems of any kind. Wishing you well and speedy recovery.
Being down for a while <may> require a battery tender, as the CTX battery is a bit smaller than most.
Where are you? Accessories? And you are off the hook (for now) on pictures.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plan on ridding next week, just ordered a kidney belt. I live here in northern Indiana and have the tall windshield and backrest. Sorry no pics yet.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome @will. I've used a kidney belt while riding my ST1100 for over 100 miles and it does help. Haven't needed it yet on my CTX though I've gone many more miles in one trip on it. Northern Indiana huh, so you basically have the same weather patterns as Iowa. Except just a tad warmer in the coldest weeks of winter. Yes, that is coming soon enough. Even then, I'll keep riding as long as the pavement is clear. But that's just me. I just add a few layers to my gear and keep on going. Sometimes I have enough on that it's almost the same as wearing a kidney belt! :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
yep, and I've got about 30lbs of extra layers already!!!!!!!:520:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts