CTX 1300 Forum banner

Invoice prices???

8K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  V0X 
#1 ·
Had a dealer in Arkansas who advertised on ebay text me some prices.
They are really low:

$13585 for the standard.
$14985 for the deluxe.

NO fees.

Seems like a deal too good. Anybody manage to actually get these kind of deals?

#7 ·
Yes, below invoice. Yet some dealers have price points under invoice . This price would be at that. They would make 000 profit.....

#8 ·
They must think they'll make it up on accessories. Oh, wait, there ARE no accessories yet! Not even a lousy CTX1300 keychain or T-shirt. (Believe me, I've looked!) :D

#11 ·
I went on eBay to see for myself. This pricing is the starting bid price , reserve not met!! They have no bidders. This is NOT a buy it now price. Until bidders reach the reserve price (unknown) until a bid reaches that price. They are not selling the bikes at the prices mentioned. If people bid and reach the reserve price you will know what they are selling them for. Or just cal the dealer and ask , forget eBay. It is a good way to advertise however.

#12 ·
Just heard from one of the dealers I've been in contact with over the last many weeks. He told me a AK dealer really does have the deluxe priced at $14985, BUT they also add to that a Doc fee of $450 and freight of $390.
That makes it $15825 total OTD. They also have 22% off accessories.

What is the best price OTD (tax-title-license not included) that you all have found? That is, if you're willing to share. Don't feel obligated though. I know some like to keep their deals or financing to themselves and that's OK.

I'm really seriously considering this now. :D

#13 ·
They also have 22% off accessories.
And what accessories would those be? I'm curious, since none of the dealers seem to be able to order any of the CTX1300-specific accessories…like the tall windshield, which I expect would be the most popular one on the list. 22% off on universal accessories would be OK, but I can usually get prices even better than that from Amazon and I don't have to pay for shipping (Amazon Prime).

To be honest I've been having a hard time ordering certain accessories because of the peculiarities of the bike. For example, I would love to change the grips to black Kuryakin ISO grips, but it's hard to know exactly what size to get. The bike seems to have 1" diameter handlebars (from what I have read here), yet they taper down at the ends to a smaller size (7/8"? Something less?) for the grips. I guess I need to pull off one of them to measure it for sure, but of course nobody likes to mess around too much with a new bike for fear of screwing something up and making it unable to be ridden. I did it on the Shadow, though, so I guess I'll just bite the bullet and do it here. With the 2" or so of snow we had last night, it's unlikely that I'll be riding for awhile anyway. :(

#14 ·
Sorry. Needed to state they will honor the 22% off accessories when they DO become available... on the accessories made for the CTX1300, including other accessories.
Also I don't know if that is if they do the install of if they will give the discount if you do the install.

I was thinking someone here mentioned that Honda used the same 7/8" grips as on the ST1300. Most of the photos I've seen of the bars close up seem to show just a little of the part that goes into the grips. If that is so you should be able to get a measure on that. I do know the bars step down twice from the main thickness. once where the reservoir clamps are and again for the grips. I highly doubt the bar under the grips is less than 7/8" but could be wrong about that. Just would be very unusual.

#15 ·
As previously mentioned, Sports Cycle is selling me a Blue Deluxe CTX1300 for $15,600. Plus 3 percent NC sales tax & $133.00 tag / tille. OTD $16,201.00
Rockingham NC Jeff Crouch 910-582-8500. I also bought my ST1300. from them. In 07. He is fine with me posting this price.
I TAKE DELEVERY FRIDAY!! Waiting for call to discuss the handlebar position as discussed in detail. Photos in Gallery. Sure wish tall windshield was available, a must for me after demo ride last month.

Reactions: sleepngbear
#17 ·
Awesome.

Best bet with the handlebar is to ask your sales guy to be ready with an allen wrench when you get there so he can adjust it to you. My sales guy just loosened the top two bolts, mostly because the bottom two caps were buggers to get off, but mostly because that was enough to be able to nudge the bar down a little at a time, but still tight enough so it didn't just flop.

You're probably never going to get a completely unobstructed view to and through the mirrors. You'll want the top of the fluid reservoirs at the very bottom of your line of sight to the mirrors, and the grips/levers just into the top of what you see in the mirror. I can see my whole grips in both mirrors, and I have them adjusted so that on level ground, there's a good sized gap between the horizon and the bottom of the grips in the mirrors. My rear view is comfortably adequate, so I'm not contorting myself to see what's behind me.

#19 ·
That's why it's important to get a OTD (out the door) price from your dealer.
The dealer I've been working with on pricing told me he found a place in AK where they set the "price" on a deluxe at 14985... BUT they also have a 450 doc fee and a 390 freight charge that gets added to make the OTD price. The OTD price should include all of those fees/charges and any other added stuff that might not come standard on the bike. To that you should only have tax (or road use tax as in Iowa), title and license (plate) fees to come up with. I exclude those from the OTD price since those charges go to the state and not to the dealer. Our road use tax is 5% and the charges from the DOT (title/license) comes to about 55, verified a few days ago. So that AK dealer deal is an OK deal but not as good as some have reported here.

BTW- my dealer is willing to beat the AK deal and match what has been reported here for OTD price. :)

#22 ·
Thanks for welcome..I don't have a CTX1300 and may not get one but I am very interested...I like the CTX700 but it has so much overlap in handling and weight versus my Magna V4 cruiser that it makes no sense for me....1300 may well be too heavy for me at my age (77) but reviews say it has low center of gravity so it may be acceptable...
Regards,
Bob

#24 ·
Well God bless ya. ;) I think my father hung up his spurs around 70-ish. He was riding a dressed Shadow 1100 and finally he realized his leg strength just wasn't there to hold the bike up past anything more than a side-stand lean. He had a couple of low speed drops and decided that was about enough. He was kind of thinking about a trike, but they're all pretty well out of his price range. And mine.

#23 ·
I gave up riding a GW for that reason and found my ST is lighter to handle but just a bit top heavy. My test rides on the CTX1300 showed me it is very light and easy to manage in spite of being the same weight as my ST. Others here who own one now will testify to that I am sure.

#25 ·
Well, I've been stalking out here since the beginning of April and it's time to get in the game. After much discussion over the phone with Wes Pearson at Honda of Russellville (Arkansas). I made the trek down and took delivery of a Blue Deluxe model. I am very pleased with the bike and the transaction. I can vouch for the $14985 price being the OTD price. I even got the first tall windshield the dealer received from Honda installed prior to leaving with the bike. They tweaked the handlebars for me to remedy the mirror issue. Wes verified prior to me heading his way that the bike was shipping damage free. Very, very pleased. Thanks for the knowledge that has been passed along.

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.