CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I did about 150 miles and when I got to my destination, no aches or pains. Amazing. Take a really smooth bike and then add Madstad windshield, mini-boards, and foam grips and you have something pretty darn comfortable and stable. BTW. The sound system sounds better with ear plugs. Something is happening where the engine and wind noise are reduced but the music is amplified. Obviously I'm having warm fuzzies about the CTX. :smiley-happy0034:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Today I did about 150 miles and when I got to my destination, no aches or pains. Amazing. Take a really smooth bike and then add Madstad windshield, mini-boards, and foam grips and you have something pretty darn comfortable and stable. BTW. The sound system sounds better with ear plugs. Something is happening where the engine and wind noise are reduced but the music is amplified. Obviously I'm having warm fuzzies about the CTX. :smiley-happy0034:
Did you get grip puppies or something else?
I installed grip puppies and they are OK but...
I'd actually like even larger grips.

My glove size is XXL as it is.

:520:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm dealing with a company called Grip Buddies. They dont have a size for our bikes but I took measurements and pictures this am and forwarded them on. Typically I will show a tape and a close up and then the vendor can exactly see what he wants to see.

My initial email to them was last night around 830p. I was responded to by the owner at 10:15pm. That's impressive especially on a weekend.

Original Grip Buddies

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used Grab-on Foam grip covers. They cost bout 12 bucks and slide right on with a little Dawn detergent.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I used Grab-on Foam grip covers. They cost bout 12 bucks and slide right on with a little Dawn detergent.
I ordered these.

I had tried to order Grip Buddies but naturally he didnt have a sized spec'd out for our bikes. I provided many pictures with cloth measurements but that didnt seem to help the vendor....Weird, so I just gave up.

:smileygarden_de_ban

1 - 6 of 6 Posts