CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Now I have to sell all my Honda Fury aftermarket goodies. I cant wait until my Honda accessories get in!

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I am going to get the black ISO grips too. are yours weighted??

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Thanks! I am going to get the black ISO grips too. are yours weighted??
The weights on these grips are separate, replacing the standard grip end caps -- and yes, I did order them, as well as the contoured Throttle Boss, all in black. In fact they're supposed to be getting delivered today. :smileygarden_de_ban

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Red is my favorite color. I suggest going to a dealer and seeing the bike in person. I saw a few black CTX's still in the crates and almost changed my mind. The all black deluxe model is sweet looking.

I am happy with red. :smiley-happy0034:

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Just because I can, here are some more pictures!
I hope you're not worried about complaints from us! :520:

This is my current issue. Should I Get the blue, or the red? blue is my favorite color, but the red is more easily visible.
Get the color you like the most. Plenty of stuff to stick on you and the bike to make yourself more visible. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
My wife really decided the color for me. I showed her all 3 that are available in the US and she said she liked the blue better. That was a few months before she "allowed" me to buy one! (and how I knew she would eventually, if even reluctantly) :D

To be more visible in my Ion Blue CTX and black riding gear I have a HI VIZ helmet that stands out like a beacon. Wish Tour Master would come out with a HI VIZ version of their Flex jackets.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Just because I can, here are some more pictures!
I've gone a little picture crazy with my bike too, which is also the red deluxe version. I made a few wallpapers, and set it as the lock screen on my iPad and phone, and even the cover photo on Facebook. :p

I'm constantly second-guessing my color choice when I see pictures of the blue and black models, but then I see Dorothy in the sunlight, and I fall in love with my Cherry Bomb all over haha. :)

Reactions: GermanMike

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was going to get the red one that was in the showroom.....then he said...."I have a blue one in the crate still"...he lifted the flap and that was it.....:)

Congrats on you new ride!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
My wife had already picked out the red model for herself before we'd even agreed to buy both bikes but I definitely do not regret owning the blue model, I love this colour..

·
Registered
131 Posts
This is my current issue. Should I Get the blue, or the red? blue is my favorite color, but the red is more easily visible.
You could copy what another member did and just get both!:smiley-party0005::smiley-happy0034:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Like Niftee, I have a blue and a red in my garage.

I've farkled up the blue one to make it a touring bike. The only change I've made to the red one is the MadStad shield.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You could copy what another member did and just get both!:smiley-party0005::smiley-happy0034:
I'm trying to avoid MBD (multiple bike disorder). I have a friend who has a VTX1800T, a VTX1800C, and a Valkyrie F6C. Having two nearly identical bikes doesn't make sense to me. The CTX1300 is a tourer, tall windshield or not.

Also I still have my nighthawk 750, and that won't be sold until the spring/early summer, when the used market picks up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts