CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some searching on here, I am unable to find a thread with actual jacking experiences. I already have a Craftsman mc jack and used it on my CTX1300 this weekend. I had to have a friend hold the bike upright and used a block of wood between the front pad and the oil pan, and two blocks between the rear pad and the center stand bracket. Upon lifting the bike it was stable and secure.

Makes cleaning the bike much, much easier and faster. All of my bikes have been lifted during cleaning so I figured why stop with this one.

As far as jacking under the oil pan, I will contact the dealer service department and see if this is an acceptable practice.

Anyone else have any insight on this seemingly un-discussed subject?

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Since this bike does not have the frame hanging below the oil pan there is nothing to really brace against. I am also wondering about lifting on the oil pan. I've read somewhere that it's not a good idea but question the source of that info. I know the center stand frame beam is plenty strong for that but the front end lift point is a puzzle. Please be sure to let us know what you find out. :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm bringing this one back to the top; Has any one taken pictures of the "block of wood between the front pad and the oil pan, and two blocks between the rear pad and the center stand bracket"? My understanding is you're lifting from the oil pan. I have to pull the rear wheel off this weekend and patch the tire and I really need a M/C jack for the tool collection.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have a triple tree lift and center stand to get bike off the ground. Not sure I'd trust lifting oilpan, would hate to cause a leak down the road.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Now the other question...
How does the dealer get the front tire off with no center stand on the bike?
I knew I could use the center stand mount/frame bar to lift the rear. I'm not sure of the best way to lift the front.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Now the other question...
How does the dealer get the front tire off with no center stand on the bike?
I knew I could use the center stand mount/frame bar to lift the rear. I'm not sure of the best way to lift the front.
One of These. I had to make an adaptor as the hole under tree is bigger than what the CG stand came with, found a 2" long pipe nipple that was 1/2 pipe that fit over the center piece, just had to grind the pipe threads a bit were they get fatter. Fit great. Again up on center stand then lift front and be ginger doing so.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@bob ,
This guy uses ratchet straps to pull on rear tire to get front tires off the table. On my Valk, he just used the straps to pivot on the side stand. I was wishing I had pictures of that.
@bigdaddy2036 ,
I'm not positive about that jack, but it does look like it.
On a side note, if you click the little postage stamp icon with the mountain and paste the link in the box that opens, it will show the picture here
instead of having to click on it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought this yesterday: Sears.com

2x4x7" long on the arm under the center stand mounts and a 1x4x7" on the arm under the oil pan. Exhaust pipes everywhere! I took some of the weight off of the oil pan with my trolley jack under the front tire after it was in the air.

Pictures at 11:00... or when I get home.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I'm really not comfortable jacking a 725# Motorcycle up on the Cast Aluminium Oil Pan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts