CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took this bad boy out yesterday for 160 mile jaunt. I had the tallest windshield from CB on the CTX700 and really liked it. I forgot how much the wind really blasts you at 60/70mph... Note: I am 5'10" with a 30" inseam with long torso. Had no problem seeing over the tallest windshield on the 700 so I ordered the tallest again. I also got the headlight protector too. Watched a video on YouTube, I think from a guy that is an active poster on here demoing a CB windshield and said it was $1000 to fix headlight if cracked/broken. Enough for me...

Thanks for some posters on here, I also ordered ISO grips, throttle boss and grip ends.

Won't be riding a ton the next few days/week, have little man with me so waiting a few days for items to get here shouldn't be a big deal.

Oh, one more thing, I ordered a couple of days ago a Gear Indicator. Sorry, I am new to the whole clutch thing and shifting, especially coming form the 700, which tells you what gear you're in. I really need it. It only cost $30.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hello there,

good luck with your goodies. nice parts ��
only e gaer indicator is perhaps a little bit over done.
the ctx1300 doesn't care if you accelerate in first or 2nd gear, nor gives a sh*t if you take a turn in 2nd, 3rd or 4th gear.
If made a testdrive on a 700 but find the 1300 a lot nicer and easyer. although you have to shift gears. (sometimes)

Reactions: willajabir
1 - 4 of 4 Posts